F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy

I am having a problem with the following questions.

I am having a problem with the following questions. Could you please help? I just want to make sure I have done these right. Please show all calculations where necessary.
 1. The December 31, 2007, balance sheet of Far Imports includes the following items: 9% bonds payable due 12/31/2016 $800,000 Discount on Bonds Payable 21,600 The bonds were issued on Dec 31, 2006, at 97, with interest payable on June 30 and Dec 31 of each year. The straight-line method is used for discount amortization. On March 1, 2008, Far Imports retired $400,000 of these bonds at 98 plus accrued interest. Prepare the journal entries to record retirement of the bonds, including accrual of interest since the last payment and amortization of the discount.

2. In 2007, Johnson Builders began construction work under a three-year contract at a price of $7,525,000. The firm uses the percentage of completion method for financial accounting purposes. The income to be recognized each year is based on the proportion of cost incurred to the total estimated costs for completing the contract. The financial statement presentations relating to this contract on Dec. 31,2007 are: balance Sheet account receivable $150,500 Construction in progress $602,000 Less progress billings $562,000 $40,000 Income statement Gross profit on construction contracts $301,000 Determine the (a) Cash Collected in 2007 (b) estimated income on the construction contract

3. Tom Incorporated purchased 10,000 shares in Melissa Industries on January 1, 2007 for $10 a share. In April of 2007, Melissa Industries declared and paid dividends in the amount of $35,000. In October of 2007, Melissa Industries declared and paid dividends in the amount of $50,000. On November 12, 2007, Tom Inc. sold 5,000 shares of Melissa Industries at $15 per share. In December of 2007, Melissa Industries had 100,000 shares of stock outstanding the entire year of 2007, how will the income statement of Tom Incorporated be affected by 2007's activity?
Welcojme to JA and have a nice day

Click here for solution
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On #3, the affect to Tom Inc would be to show other income?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I received a 1 for a grade because 1 of the answers given was only available through a test that had already been corrected.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Too late. I already failed that test and cannot retake it. But you could help me with my Klooster & Allen Bath Designs project. I have tried to view your answers to someone else's request for help with this same project, but I cannot open it so that I can view your response.

The answer has the fair value of $175, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am having problems viewing and adding money so you can get paid. I get the message that my access is denied. It also says I asked for a refund. I did not ask for a refund. I sent a message but nobody ever got back to me.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.