Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

For Chris M................ 39. Which of the following is

For Chris M................

39. Which of the following is mentioned in your textbook as a responsibility of every member in a small group? (Points : 2)
develop hidden agendas
reach solutions swiftly
call for a vote on major decisions
all of the above
none of the above

40. According to a recent survey, which of the following is the most important in shaping a hiring decision? (Points : 2)
grade-point average
extra curricular activities
ability to communicate effectively
work experience

41. "What personal qualities do you have that you think would be helpful in working with the teams within our organization?" (Points : 2)
lawful
unlawful

42. "Are you married, divorced, or single?" (Points : 2)
lawful
unlawful

43. People spend more time __________ than in any other communication activity. (Points : 2)
speaking
writing
reading
listening
discussing

44. Julia is listening to her meteorology professor explain how to interpret images from Doppler radar. Because Julia's goal is to understand the information being presented, she is engaged in __________ listening. (Points : 2)
attentive
comprehensive
appreciative
empathic
critical

45. Which of the following is recommended by your textbook as a way to improve your listening? (Points : 2)
Try to remember everything the speaker says.
Pay close attention to feedback from other listeners.
Concentrate solely on the speaker's gestures and eye contact.
Suspend judgment until you hear all the speaker has to say.
Do not take written notes as the speech is in progress.

46. The person who assumes a leadership role in a small group because of her or his ability, personality, or talkativeness is termed a(n) (Points : 2)
specific leader.
implied leader.
emergent leader.
insistent leader.
designated leader.

47. Three purposes of a career research interview are to (Points : 2)
get references, get referrals, write your resume.

be remembered, prepare a resume, get references
read, remember, write.
conduct research, be remember, get referrals.

48. Which of the following elements is NOT suggested by the text as an effective method for contacting potential employers?

(Points : 2)
Send a unique cover letter along with your resume to each company you apply to.
Send resumes to every company in the area.
Develop a personal network.
Conduct background research

49. Survey results indicate that the leading factor shaping interviewers' initial impressions of the candidates is (Points : 2)
the appearance of the resume.
the clothing the candidate wears to the interview.
the candidate's eye contact during the rapport stage of the interview.
the firmness of the candidate's handshake.

50. Choose the best answer to the interview question, "Why should we hire you?" (Points : 2)
"I understand from your website that your most popular product is Zanos. I've been using Zanos for three years now. I've shown several of my friends how effective it is, and now they're buying it, too. With my knowledge of the product and my enthusiasm for it, I can be a sincere and valuable sales rep."

"I really need the money."
"I just completed my Associate Degree, and I'm ready to work."
"I am a hard-working, motivate, people-person."
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)