Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Hello Chris....... Please assist with the following questions. 1.

Hello Chris....... Please assist with the following questions.

1. Which of the following should be accomplished prior to drafting your speech outline? (Points : 5)
You should analyze your audience
You should research your material
You should determine a specific goal
all of the above answers are correct

2. The most important reason for gathering demographic data is so you can: (Points : 5)
know where to look for information
predict audience reactions to your topic
know how long to make the speech
determine whether the audience wants to hear a speech on the topic you selected

3. Which of the following will negatively affect the speaker's credibility with the audience? (Points : 5)
Good eye contact with the audience.
A speaker's experiences.
A citation used in support materials.
Using Wikipedia as a source

4. If you have prepared a speech, but do not plan to use the same exact wording during presentation, you will be speaking (Points : 5)
impromptu
extemporaneously
from memory
from a manuscript

5. Effective eye contact means (Points : 5)
Staring toward the audience throughout the speech
Picking a spot above the heads of the audience and focusing on it
Talking to two or three people in the audience who are paying the most attention
Looking at individuals or small groups throughout the speech

6. In the delivery of a speech, transitions: (Points : 5)
help the audience move from one point to the next
should be as brief as possible
state the goal of the speech
should be the main points of the speech

7. When an audience is in favor of the speaker's position, it is most important for a speaker to: (Points : 5)
Motivate them to act
Answer all of their arguments
Refer to authorities that support the speaker's argument
Present multiple sides of the issue

8. When an audience is opposed to a speaker's position, it is most important for a speaker to: (Points : 5)
Motivate them to act
Answer all of their arguments
Present multiple sides of the issue

9. When you practice your speech (Points : 5)
You should concentrate on your appearance
You should read from your outline
You should mull over ideas in your head
You should rehearse out loud

10. When being interviewed, you should (Points : 5)
Ask about salary and benefits
Answer questions quickly, as the interviewer has a limited amount of time
Tell the interviewer about your family situation that may affect your job performance
Be enthusiastic and ask questions
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)