Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

Question 1 What does Kant mean by having a Good Will? a) Feeling

Question 1
What does Kant mean by having a Good Will?
a) Feeling good about an action so that it is moral pursuant to Ethical Emotism.
b) Determining what the General Will of society is pursuant to Rousseau's Social Contract theory.
c) Being nice, polite, and cheerful to people since being nice is an instrumental value.
d) Having the moral strength of character to do what your reason tells you is the moral thing to do and not to do what you know is wrong.
Question 2
Rights-based ethical theories:
a) Are generally based on producing the greater amount of stakeholder happiness
b) Determine the moral worth of an action regardless of their production of happiness
c) Are largely based on the examination of the consequences of an action
d) Classify corporate social responsibility among the positive rights that must be enforced by government regulatory agencies.
Question 3
Which of the following is the most accurate statement?
a) Immanuel Kant would support the Golden Rule of religion (“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”).
b) Ethical relativism has been widely adopted as an ethical theory because of its universal moral norms and strict guidelines.
c) A corporation that moves jobs overseas to take advantage of lower pay scales is usually adhering to a broad stakeholder theory of social responsibility.
d) Social audits are now the legally mandated norm in the corporate world.
Question 4
The moral theory of ethical relativism can best be characterized by:
a) The consultation of an outside source, such as a book or person, for guidance.
b) The belief that the moral rules should be determined by persons who have a "veil of ignorance" about their place or station in society.
c) The belief that a person must decide what course of action is moral based on what a society believes is proper and right.
d) Determining which course of action produces the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of people.
Question 5
Which of the following statements is correct?
a) Intrinsic values are deemed to be good because of their consequences and because they are a desired means to an end.
b) Moral rules, as well as exceptions to moral rules, are established by means of ethical principles.
c) There are no important differences between social conventions and moral rules.
d) Most moral questions have clearly demonstrable correct answers that can be scientifically established.
Question 6
Pete, an employee of Quality Sales, Inc., takes a Kantian duty-based approach to ethics. Pete believes that he must
a) achieve the greatest good for the most people.
b) avoid unethical behavior as determined by reason regardless of the consequences.
c) conform to society’s standards.
d) place his employer’s interest first.
Question 7
Which of the following is not accurate?
a) One benefit to being a sincere ethical emotist is that one is morally infallible.
b) One convenience to being an ethical emotist is that one can change one’s mind about a moral issue simply by expressing a different feeling about an action.
c) Morality is a societal-based phenomena according to the doctrine of ethical relativism.
d) Cultural relativism is a prescriptive ethical theory that sets forth moral norms.
Question 8
Which course of action would the aggregationist view of Utilitarianism require to be taken:
a) The one that provides at least some good to the greatest number of people.
b) The one that provides the greatest overall good to society, even if the benefit of that alternative only flows to a few people.
c) The one that harms the smallest number of people.
d) The one that places the greatest number of people in a better position than they were previously.
Question 9
Which of the following statements is not accurate?
a) In a business context, Aristotle’s Doctrine of the Mean would indicate that a corporation should be only concerned with legal profit maximization and not be interested in social responsibility activities.
b) Aristotle’s Ethics of Virtue is concerned primarily with the inculcation and development of virtuous traits and the cultivation or moral character as opposed to rationally establishing ethical principles and moral rules.
c) A major problem with Aristotle’s Ethics of Virtue is that it does not focus on the quality of actions and thus it cannot be used to determine if an action is morally right or wrong.
d) A true psychological egoist cannot acknowledge the existence of a purely altruistic act.
Question 10
Which of the following is a correct statement?
a) Plato likely would object to the hierarchy of authority found today in the typical business corporation.
b) For Aristotle, the highest good is the fulfillment of the physical senses, though he counsels moderation in seeking pleasures.
c) Aristotle maintains in the Doctrine of the Mean that the virtuous or moral choice is a rationally determined mean between two extremes of deficiency or excess.
d) An intelligent
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters