Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.
29937297

If 31.2 mL of water is added to 0.8 mL of drug A, what is the

If 31.2 mL of water is added to 0.8 mL of drug A, what is the ratio and the percentage of the strength of the solution?

A medication order calls for two tablets q.i.d. the first day, one tablet b.i.d. the second and third days, and one tablet q.d. thereafter for a total of two weeks. How many tablets must be dispensed in total?

A medication order calls for 1.5 liters of glucose solution to be administered by IV over a 10-hour period. What will be the flow rate if the drop factor is 10?

If you remove 75 milliliters, 1.2 liters, 400 milliliters, and 1/4 liter from a container of solution, how many milliliters did you remove in total?

A 45 kg patient requires a 450 mg dose of a particular drug. A solution contains 150 mg of the drug per teaspoon. How many mL of the solution should be given to the patient to deliver the required dose of drug?

How many grams of a drug must be used to prepare 3 liters of a 2% solution?

A particular drug is supplied in tablets of 600-mg strength. A 90 lb patient requires a one-week supply of this drug at a dose of 20 mg/lb every 12 hours. How many tablets are required in total?

An animal is to receive 250 mg metronidazole by IV every 12 hours and to give over 60 minutes. The metronidazole comes in 5 mg/mL. What is the flow rate in drops per minute if the drop factor is 10?

If 425 grams of sucrose are dissolved in enough water to make 2,000 milliliters of solution, what is the percentage strength of the solution?

A doctor administers 2 mL of a 50 mg/mL sedative to a 180 lb patient. What is the equivalent dose in mg/kg?

If there's 1.2 g of codeine in 125 mL of a particular cough syrup, how many milligrams are contained in 1 teaspoon of the syrup?

If a 176 lb patient must be given 1 mL/kg of a drug every 8 hours for 7 days, what is the total volume of drug that must be administered?

Your patient needs 0.6 grams of Quinidine q.i.d. You have 200 mg tablets on hand. How many tablets are needed at each dosage time?

Ketamine is available in a 100 mL vial that contains 100 mg/mL. If 1 mL of ketamine is diluted 1:50, how many mg are in 5 mL of diluted solution?

One tablet contains 8 mg of a particular drug. A medication order calls for three and one-half tablets to be given to a 150 lb patient. What dose of the drug is given to this patient, in mg/kg?

If an IV solution contains 8% mannitol, how many mL of the solution should be administered to provide a patient with 50 grams of mannitol?

You're ordered to give your patient 20 mg of Lasix IV. You have on hand a 10 mL vial containing 100 mg. What is the correct dosage?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 5 years ago.

Is there a piece of #3 missing? What are the size of the drops in ml?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No sir that's all the information I have

All right. I will see what I can learn from other research.

When is this due?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As soon as you can. Lol. Friday at the latest please.
Oh, I will get it done long before Friday. If I don't get it done this afternoon, I will get it done late this evening.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry I forgot to say this but I need to see how you worked out the problems

Oh, no problem.

I'm back now, and am working on them.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks

Let me answer one of them and see if you can see how I am answering it. If not, I will do it the long way.

"If there's 1.2 g of codeine in 125 mL of a particular cough syrup, how many milligrams are contained in 1 teaspoon of the syrup?"

1.2g/125mL * 1000mg/g * 5mL/1tsp = 48mg/tsp

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That looks great
Okay, then I am back to work. I may not get this done tonight, but I will keep at it.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.