Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

Kathy question 3 of 6: please provide a response to classmates

Kathy question 3 of 6: please provide a response to classmates post: The informal assessment presented in this scenario was the standardized tests. The standardized tests were used to determine the student’s current skill level.

The students performed well on the standardized tests administered in the fourth grade because it was commensurate with their skill level at the time. Also, depending on how long ago the test was administered to them, the students might have forgotten the information and needs remedial training. That is usually what happens during the summer break because students rarely engage in extra academic studies.

The students probably performed poorly for Alec’s tests because they were unprepared for it. Their previous teacher’s teaching methods probably focused more on the curriculum catering to the standardized test contents and components from it instead of the skills contained at the fifth grade level.

If I were Alec, I would use the results to identify the weak areas that the majority of the students need improvement on. Then I would build a lesson plan or conduct remedial learning focusing on content and the subject areas that needs improvement. Last, I would administer daily homework covering the lessons learned that day so they could practice more on it. I would continue this approach until the students demonstrate they comprehend the material. As a follow up, I would administer another test to see determine the student’s current skill level.

My strategies would be effective because it gives the students the opportunity to strengthen their weak areas in the curriculum. The students will re-learn the material and hopefully remember it for future reference. Knowing the material as opposed to memorizing it is more effective for students in the long run because they’ll always be able to re-think back on how to solve a problem.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 4 years ago.

Kathy :

I will complete on a timely manner. Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.