Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

Chemical reactions that result in loss of energy as heat from

Customer Question

Chemical reactions that result in loss of energy as heat from a system

The count of the number of species occurring in a community

cold northern forest

tropical grassland dominated by distinct wet and dry seasons

contains 50% of all known plant and animal species

Law of thermodynamics states that when energy is transferred or transformed, part of the energy assumes a form that cannot pass on any further

two types of interspecific competition

ratio of food assimilated into biomass to the food ingested

ratio of productivity from one trophic level to the trophic level that feeds on it.

Species that do not feed but are at are fed upon

location in a food web where and organism from which an organism obtains its energy

secondary compounds produced by plants to reduce digestability

two species with the exact same ecological requirements cannot coexist

adaptations to increase predator efficiency that are matched by adaptations for prey avoidance

a species expands its niche in response to removal of a competitor

species whose effect on the community is disproportionate to their numerical abundnce

predicts the time an individual should stay in a resource patch before leaving to seek another

Use of the same resources by two or more species

the relationship between the per capita rate of consumption and the number of prey

full range of activities and relationships an organism could occupy in the absence of competition

Answers=
basal species
Competitive exclusion principles
Trophic level
Fundamental niche
Species richness
Assimilation efficiency
Marginal value theorem
Overgrowth and encounter
Second
Competitive release
Trophic efficiency
Keystone species
Tropical rain forest
Taiga
Exothermic
Functional response
Quantatitive inhibitors
Coevolution
Niche overlap
Savanna
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello Customer,

I noticed the following term's definition was omitted:

Functional response--the relationship between the per capita rate of consumption and the number of prey

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you so much>>>can you help with three papers due this week for me?

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

I'll have a look at the other questions you have posted and see if these are something with which I can I can help you. Did you have any questions about the matching biology definitions assignment?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ohh no, they were great!!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I was just checking to make sure the answer was clarified.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello Customer,

I would like to be able to continue to assist you with your questions, but I haven't yet received an accept or feedback for the above answers.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did submit and accept
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would love to get your help again!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello Customer,

If you could post your question, I'll have a look and see if I can assist you.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The increased levels of greenhouse gases, particularly carbon dioxide, have led some scientists to postulate that terrestrial plants will increase their rates of carbon fixation through photosynthesis in response. However, plant physiology experiments to date show mixed results. One surprising result was that, though plants did increase their rates of photosynthesis for a time, with continued exposure to elevated levels of carbon dioxide, plants responded by actually synthesizing less of the photosynthetic enzyme rubisco and reduced the rates of photosynthesis to rates comparable to lower concentrations of carbon dioxide. This phenomenon is called downregulation. This is of concern because some atmospheric scientists are looking to enhanced plant growth to remove the excess carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

Write an original statement 250 words:
Considering this and the concepts presented in this unit, propose a response to the following question, explain your answer and give an example supporting your position:
Because of physiological limitations such as downregulation, plants will not increase their uptake of carbon dioxide in response to increased levels in the atmosphere, and will not increase their relative significance in the removal and sequestration of carbon dioxide.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello Insuperable,

When is your deadline for this assignment?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tomorrow! by ten pm...Has to be an original essay with references...
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hi Customer,

Sorry I won't be able to this one by tomorrow. I suggest you repost this a new question and surely one of the other Homework experts will be able to assist you. Good luck on this assignment.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Good luck on your assignment!