akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert
46493125

1. In which of the following units is acceleration expressed? A.

1. In which of the following units is acceleration expressed?
A. Newtons
B. Foot-pounds
C. Kilograms
D. Meters per second squared--2. A stone falls from a ledge and takes 16 seconds to hit the
ground. The stone has an original velocity of 0 m/s. How tall is
the ledge?
A. 1,254.4 meters C. 156.8 meters
B. 313.6 meters D. 78.4 meters--3. A tank with a flat bottom is filled with water to a height of 3.5 meters. What is the pressure
at any point at the bottom of the tank? (You can ignore atmospheric pressure when calculating
your answer.)
A. 3.5 kPa C. 34.3 kPa
B. 3,500 kPa D. 34,300 kPa--4. The ability of a material to transfer heat or electric current is called
A. insulation. C. conductivity.
B. porosity. D. convection.--5. A steel block has a volume of 0.08 m3 and a density of 7,840 kg/m3. What is the force of
gravity acting on the block (the weight) in water?
A. 5,362.56 N C. 6,700.56 N
B. 6,150.64 N D. 7,600.18 N--6. When an automotive battery is fully charged, the sulfuric acid and water mixture will have
a specific gravity of about
A. 0.15. C. 1.3.
B. 1.0. D. 2.5.--7. If an object weighs 39.2 N on Earth, what is its mass?
A. 8 N C. 4 kg
B. 384.16 kg D. 78.4 N--9. How much time should be allowed for a 392-km car trip if the car will be traveling at
120 km/h?
A. 5.12 hours C. 2.72 hours
B. 3.27 hours D. 0.31 hours--10. A machine has an efficiency of 91%. If the energy supplied to the machine is 4,000 watts,
what is the amount being used for work?
A. 4,091 watts C. 360 watts
B. 43.96 watts D. 3,640 watts--11. What is the kinetic energy of an object that has a mass of 20 kilograms and a speed of
2.8 m/s?
A. 56 J C. 17.2 J
B. 22.8 J D. 78.4 J--12. If a gas has a gage pressure of 206 kPa, its absolute pressure is approximately
A. 2,060 kPa. C. 106 kPa.
B. 306 kPa. D. 20.6 kPa.--13. According to Ptolemy’s model of the movement of celestial bodies,
A. the earth rotates around the sun.
B. the sun is the center of the universe.
C. the earth rotates around the moon.
D. planets orbit in circular paths around the earth.--15. What force is required to accelerate a body with a mass of 18 kilograms at a rate
of 36 m/s2?
A. 2 N C. 648 N
B. 54 N D. 6,350 N--16. Oil flows upward in the wick of a lantern because of the liquid property called
A. viscosity. C. meniscusity.
B. capillarity. D. density.--17. A car travels from Boston to Hartford in 4 hours. The two cities are 240 kilometers apart.
What was the average speed of the car during the trip?
A. 4 km/hour C. 60 km/hour
B. 36 km/hour D. 960 km/hour--18. Which of the following is the term used to describe a body’s resistance to a change in
motion?
A. Inertia C. Gravity
B. Acceleration D. Mass--19. If the speed of an object changes from 121 m/s to 98 m/s during a time interval of 12 s,
what is the acceleration of the object?
A. -276 m/s2 C. -18.25 m/s2
B. -1.92 m/s2 D. -11 m/s2--20. An object has a mass of 180 kg on the moon. What is the force of gravity acting on the
object on the moon?
A. 1,764 N C. 10,584 N
B. 294 N D. 684 N--21. In a practical machine, the power output is _______ the power input.
A. smaller than C. equal to
B. larger than D. multiplied by--22. If a stone falls past a bird on a ledge moving at 4 m/s, how fast will the stone be moving
just before it hits the ground below 9 seconds later?
A. 92.2 m/s C. 352.8 m/s
B. 48.2 m/s D. 36 m/s--23. The ratio of output power to input power, in percent, is called
A. conductivity. C. work.
B. efficiency. D. horsepower.--24. An object with a mass of 21 kilograms is lifted through a distance of 7 meters. How much
work is done?
A. 147 J C. 1,440.6 J
B. 29.4 J D. 823.2 J
Category: Homework
Expert:  akch2002 replied 2 years ago.
Kindly indicate dead line. I am working on these questions and will try to reply asap.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a little more then an hour

Expert:  akch2002 replied 2 years ago.
OK. I will try to reply.
q8 is missing. Kindly check it and inform.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yea q8 and q14 is missing i already had the answer to them

Expert:  akch2002 replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert