Joanne
Joanne, Tutor
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Political Science
14883717

n the essay below, find and fix the following errors:

1. One fragment
2. One subject-verb agreement error
3. One misplaced/dangling modifier
4. One run-on
5. One comma splice
6. One apostrophe error
7. One word choice error
8. One imbalanced parallel construction

Also:

9. Change one unnecessary use of passive voice into active voice.
10. Apply one use of coordination to enhance the writer’s meaning.
11. Apply one use of subordination to enhance the writer’s meaning.

Mark each correction by highlighting it and and clicking the "B" button in the toolbar.

Essay:

Some say there are two kinds of video game players. Those who use strategy guides and those who don’t. Many gamers consider the use of a strategy guide to be lazy or outright cheating. The publishing of these guides is a solid and growing business.
The creation of a strategy guide begins when early copies of the game arrives at the home or office of the guide’ s author. The excitement of trying a new game is mixed with realizing the finished guide is due to the publisher in four months and the clock ticks. The author usually begins by spending many hours playing the game and trying out as many tactics as he or she can figure out. While developing the guide, plenty of help is provided by the game’s designers. But guide authors must be able to get by on they’re own because there are times when the designers are just too busy to respond.
Published strategy guides face tough competition from a variety of free online sources. A key advantage guide publishers have over these online content providers, however, is the assistance they receive from the game companies. Many gamers, especially newbies, use a combination of free online help and published strategy guides.
Strategy guides have been popular with gamers for several years. The guide authors do not share in this popularity. One author explains that his publisher sometimes asks him to sign the strategy guides he wrote at trade shows. The problem is that some people who buy the guide there specifically ask him not to sign it. He says he’s cool with that, working on the guides is its’ own reward.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Joanne replied 4 years ago.

Joanne :

hi, thanks for the request again

Joanne :

let me take a look at it, i'll try to find as much of the errors as possible

Customer:

OK Great.

Customer:

Hows it going?

Joanne :

i am done with 6

Joanne :

how much more time do you have

Customer:

15-20 minutes tops. I have to submit before midnight.

Joanne :

oh

Joanne :

let me send you what i have first, so you can at least input it while i try to work out the rest

Joanne :

download here

Joanne :

download the updated one here

Joanne :

i have 3 more to locate

Customer:

Hurry. It times out at 1159. If you can't get them all just give me what you got.

Joanne :

download the updated one here

Joanne :

i only have 2 missing

Joanne :

can you download the file?

Customer:

got it thanks. You've been awesome.

Joanne :

okay dangling modifier-> sentence which starts with "while developing the guide"

Customer:

Great Job, your a life saver. Have a great night.