Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

Under which rationale is punshing a passion murderer justified?

Under which rationale is punshing a passion murderer justified? a. restribution b. deterrence c. restorative justice d. incapacitation.
2. Which of the following statements applies to Rawls’s defense of punishment?
A. It’s an alternative to utilitarianism and retributivism.
B. It’s acceptable to treat people as a means to an end as long as you’re trying to
reach a desirable goal.
C. Loss of rights should occur only when it’s consistent with the best interests of the
least advantaged.
D. Punishment should continue even when the offender instead of the victim or society
becomes the one with the least advantage.

3. Which of the following ethical systems can both support and condemn capital punishment?
A. Ethics of care C. Ethical formalism
B. Retributivism D. Utilitarianism

4. Which of the following statements applies to correctional officers?
A. The correctional officers’ code of ethics bears little similarity to the law enforcement
code of ethics.
B. The correctional officers’ code of ethics emphasizes integrity, protection of individual
rights, and service to the public.
C. The correctional officers’ subculture permits lugging drugs and weapons for
inmates.
D. The correctional officers’ subculture is fairly consistent with their formal code
of ethics.

5. A nation’s incursion into the sovereignty of another nation under the auspices of a
United Nations treaty is justified under
A. positivist law. C. natural law.
B. just war theory. D. self-defense.

6. Which of the following rationales would support capital punishment?
A. Ethics of care C. Incapacitation
B. Retributivism D. Religion

7. Which of the following systems of belief is concerned with making victims whole, as
they were before the crime?
A. Retributivism C. Restorative justice
B. Deterrence D. Treatment

8. Detainees in Guantanamo have the right to challenge their detention in United States
federal courts under the U.S. Supreme Court case of
A. Hamdi v. Rumsfeld. C. Bin Laden v. Gonzalez.
B. Clark v. Martinez. D. Rasul v. Bush.

9. Which of the following actions applies to the correctional officers’ code of ethics?
A. Acceptance of gifts, services, or favors
B. Protection of the public’s right to be safeguarded from criminal activity
C. Use of discretion regarding objectivity
D. Support of officer sanctions against inmates on a case-by-case basis

10. The “war on terror” has replaced the
A. crime control emphasis of police.
B. “war on drugs.”
C. “race for space.”
D. Cold War.

11. Which of the following applies to the subculture of probation and parole officers?
A. A norm of optimism regarding clients exists.
B. A norm against informing on fellow officers exists.
C. A norm of maximal work output exists.
D. A norm of group versus individual decisions exists.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)