Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

These as well Chris M please...... 9. How do the following

These as well Chris M please......

9. How do the following main points for a speech about the major steps involved in a successful job interview violate the guidelines for main points presented in your textbook?

I. The first step is preparing for the interview before it takes place.
II. Presenting yourself well during the interview is also important.
III. After the interview, you need to follow up. (Points : 4)
The main points don't follow any method of organization.
The main points don't use a similar pattern of wording.
The main points aren't clearly separate from one another.
all of the above

10. Which of the following would you expect to find in a well-constructed speech introduction? (Points : 4)
a statement establishing the speaker's credibility
a statement gaining the audience's attention
a statement previewing the main points of the speech
all of the above

11. ___________ is the audience's perception of whether the speaker is qualified to speak on a given topic. (Points : 4)
Identification
Goodwill
Connectivity
Egocentrism
Credibility

12. When preparing a speech introduction, you should usually (Points : 4)
practice the introduction no more than two or three times.
make sure the introductions takes up to 25 percent of the speech.
complete the introduction after the body of the speech.
stick with the first introduction that comes to mind.
use humor to gain the audience's attention and interest.

13. Which objective of a good speech introduction is fulfilled by the following statement?
Today we will explore the three most important forms of intellectual property protection - copyrights, trademarks, and patents. (Points : 4)
preview the body
establish the speaker's goodwill
state the importance of the topic
summarize the introduction
relate to the audience

14. An appeal to action is most appropriate in the conclusion of a(n) _________ speech. (Points : 4)
informative
after-dinner
acceptance
commemorative
persuasive

15. Outlining is important to public speaking because an outline helps a speaker (Points : 4)
judge whether each part of the speech is fully developed.
ensure that ideas flow clearly from one to another.
solidify the structure of a speech.
all of the above

16. The main points in a preparation outline are (Points : 4)
identified by Roman numerals.
identified by capital letters.
located farther to the right than subpoints.
identified by Arabic numbers.
written in phrases, not full sentences.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)