asciandwildlifebio
asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience:  M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills

This is a entry Biology gene project $40 Bonus need Sunday

Customer Question

This is a entry Biology gene project $40 Bonus need Sunday by 9pm EST.

Complete all three parts and answer all questions. Download Graphic Organizer for answering all questions and genetics exercises in this assignment.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pdbmh678ce5ab8k

Part I: Genetics – From Genes to Proteins, Mutations

Background: DNA represents the architectural blueprint for all living systems, encoding specific instructions in the sequence of its four nitrogen-containing base pairs that are necessary for building the organism.

During the process of transcription, the information in the DNA codons of a gene is transcribed into RNA.

A change in the DNA sequence, for example as a result of a "mistake" during DNA replication, is defined as a mutation. Mutations may result in a change in the "blueprint," which may then change the resulting protein product.

Assignment details for part one:

Transcribe and translate EACH of the three following DNA gene sequences. Turn these in using the graphic organizer. The letters represent the DNA N-base sequences of the genes.

The first is the original gene. The next two are mutations of the original. Note that the changes (mutations) are shown in red.

Original Gene sequence 3'-T A C C C T T T A G T A G C C A C T-5

Mutated gene sequence 1 3’-T A C G C T T T A G T A G C C A T T-5'

Mutated gene sequence 2 3’-T A A C C T T T A C T A G G C A C T-5’

Also, answer the following questions:

•What is the significance of the first and last codons of an mRNA transcript?
•What meaning do these mRNA codons have for protein synthesis?
•Did the mutations result in a change in the final proteins? If so, describe the change.
•In general, why might a change in amino acid sequence affect protein function?
Part II: Inheritance of Traits or Genetic Disorders

Background: Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease that affects the respiratory, digestive, or reproductive systems of the body, with symptoms ranging from mild to severe. Bob and Sally are recently married. Upon deciding to plan a family, both Sally and Bob find out that they are both heterozygous for cystic fibrosis, but neither of them has symptoms of the disorder.

Assignment details: Complete a Punnett Square for cystic fibrosis for this couple using the following alleles: C = normal allele; and c = allele for cystic fibrosis.

Complete the Punnett Square in the graphic organizer.

Also answer the following questions:
Based on the Punnett square, calculate chances (percentages) for the following:

•for having a healthy child (not a carrier)
•a child that is a carrier for the cystic fibrosis trait
•a child with cystic fibrosis
Be sure to submit these percentages as part of your assignment in the Graphic Organizer.

Part III: Cell division, sexual reproduction and genetic variability

Background: Eukaryotic cells can divide by mitosis or meiosis. In humans, mitosis produces new cells for growth and repair; meiosis produces sex cells (gametes) called sperm and eggs.

Although mutations are the ultimate source of genetic variability, both meiosis and sexual reproduction also can contribute to new genetic combinations in offspring.

Assignment Essay Question: How do both meiosis and sexual reproduction (fertilization) produce offspring that differ genetically from the parents? Be sure to talk about the two specific steps in meiosis that increase variability as well as the process of fertilization.

You will submit your Graphic Organizer with all answers in your Submit Assignment area.

Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used throughout the assignment. Note that there is a Reference page for listing sources included on the Graphic Organizer.

You will submit your Graphic Organizer with all answers.

Please submit your assignment.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcomeCustomer/strong>

I can help you with the same
But i am not able to download using the graphic organizer link on mediafire (file seems to be broken). Use free file hosts like box.net or better attach the file by clicking on the paper clip option (while writing the reply)

Also let me you when you need it or your deadline.
Also i take it that there are no word limit issues to the answers as detailing them would require a lot of space or will require a lot of work/time.

Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

https://www.box.com/s/7663b26b18bd6de904ac

This Sunday May 13th by 8pm. EST

Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I can read the file now.

But i am sorry...i think i missed the thing that part 3 is actually an essay. Essay per se can be a lot of work. Can you kindly inform on the word length requirement for that part 3? .. if you know?

Though, as of now, i am opting out so that any other expert, interested in whole question, can help you,

Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How about $25 bonus and i will due the essay myself?
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 2 years ago.
Well i can write that essay too (some 300 words+), if you can add 15 to the previous bonus.
Its not a difficult topic but it requires some details esp. as an essay !

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In total includung the worksheet needs at least 3 ref. 300 word essay will do fine. If you can get this done by Sunday 8pm est then bonus will be $45.
Expert:  asciandwildlifebio replied 2 years ago.
GMCB, I can assist you for the above mentioned price and bonus. I will complete this assignment for you this evening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!!!!!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience: M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey I have a thread open that would be some quick and easy money for you. I have 4 paragraphs needing re-wording/re-writing. I did this one a long time ago and it is showing a high similiarity score in the system. Here is the thread title.

$10 Bonus for 4 paragraphs to be re-written/worded. htt

$10 Bonus for 4 paragraphs to be re-written/worded. http://www.mediafire.com/?rg3vn7pppl4csn8