Eric M.
Eric M., Tutor
Experience:  9 years of tutoring experience, Bachelor's and Master's in Computing, pursuing PhD
29802289

For Eric M:Can you respond to this answer- remember the idea

For Eric M:
Can you respond to this answer- remember the idea is to keep the discussion going!

This is a case that I have been following for a while now, and feel strongly about. I think that the execution that took place here in Georgia on September 21, 2011 at 10:53pm, in my opinion should have never taken place. When we look at the facts pertaining to the case, there was enough evidence (or the lack of) to grant a stay. I understand that unfortunately a police officer that was working at a part-time job was shot and killed by stopping a fight between two men. Witnesses stated that TXXXXX XXXXX shot the fatal bullet. However, during the trial several witnesses came forward and re-canted their stories saying that police were threatening them for their testimonies. And since this led to the involvement of many supporters, famous and unfamous, he was granted appeals and stays of executions.
During the arrest and trial period, law enforcement and prosecutors were unable to produce the gun that TXXXXX XXXXX allegedly used to kill police officer MacPhail. Now I'm not saying that TXXXXX XXXXX is completely innocent here, and I don't want to appear bias because he's a African American, I want to assume the role of a human being that wanted to see that impartiality be granted. If his arrest and imprisonment is strongly built from witnesses, that several of them re-canted their stories, then shouldn't that be enough contingencies to avoid execution? If I were the deciding factor in this case, my ruling would be to grant him clemency, and investigate further, including the investigating officers.
Category: Homework
Expert:  xavierjd replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

I will attempt to send your question to Eric M so that he may help you.

Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Eric M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Eric M., Tutor
Experience: 9 years of tutoring experience, Bachelor's and Master's in Computing, pursuing PhD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you supply me with the references please: this well written and appears factural, but I know I am going to have challenges on this one!