F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy

RA Sha

Hi, I would like to have an annual project report done please? Can you help?
Category: Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.

Muhammad Jawaad Ahmed :

It will be my pleasure to do the assignment, therefore you are requested to provide me the detail, thanks.

Obtain the most recent annual reports of two U.S. corporations which are Fortune 500 companies and are traded on a national stock exchange (NYSE, NASDAQ). You will obtain two annual reports so that you will have an alternate if you are unable to use your first choice.

The easiest way to obtain annual reports is to download them from the company Web site. A useful resource is This site provides links to the Web sites of Fortune 500 companies. To obtain an already printed copy of the annual report, if time permits, contact the company’s Investor Relations department.

Do not select a public utility, financial institution or brokerage firm, insurance company, co-operative or government entity. In addition, please note that summary annual reports are not acceptable.

• The Public Register’s Annual Report Service ( (800-4-ANNUAL)

1. Choosing a company

Choose companies in which you are interested. Perhaps the company has been featured in the news lately. Perhaps you own stock in the company. Perhaps you would like to own stock in the company. If you want to look at a list of possibilities, find a copy of the April issue of Fortune magazine which lists the Fortune 500 or try

2. Download your annual report and answer the following questions.

Names of companies chosen: (Remember that you will conduct a thorough analysis of one of the companies. Please list the companies in the order of your preference.)

Company Fortune 500 Rank

a. ________________________________________ ______________

b. ________________________________________ ______________

Why did you select these particular companies?

a. ___________________________________________________________________

b. ___________________________________________________________________

This assignment will provide both an overview of the annual report of your chosen company and a table of contents to help you complete future assignments more efficiently.

Name of company chosen: __________________________________________

Balance sheet date: ________________________________

SEVERAL SECTIONS (not necessarily in this order):

1. a. THE CHAIRMAN’S LETTER. This letter provides the chairman’s overview of the past year and developments which will affect the next year. Page(s)______

1. b. MANAGEMENT DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS. This section discusses operating results, industries in which the company operates, financing and investing activities, significant events, trends and developments. Page________

This section contains the balance sheet (also called statement of financial position), income statement, statement of cash flows and statement of stockholders’ equity. The accompanying notes, as indicated at the bottom of each of the above statements, are an integral part of the financial statements. The financial statements cannot be understood without reference to the notes.

The financial statements and accompanying notes will be the focus of your Annual Report Project

Balance Sheet Page_______

Income Statement Page________

Statement of Cash Flows Page_______

Statement of Stockholders’ Equity Page_______

Notes to the financial statements:

Summary of significant accounting policies: Note #_____ Page_______

Inventories: Note #_____ Page_______

Plant assets: Note #_____ Page_______

Long-term debt: Note #_____ Page_______

Income taxes: Note #_____ Page_______

Commitments and contingencies: Note #_____ Page_______

Report on internal control: page_______

Report on the financial statements: page_______

i am quite sure doing this , i would be great to have one as an example . Thanks

Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.
The assignment is too lengthy, what I have understood that you need all questions answwered for both companies, therefore the fair price for each company is $175. And it is better that I will work on one by one, so you can see that answers are according to need or not. Please mention your deadine, for company number one, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
let me find out what I need to do and i ll let you know in one or two days.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think I accidentally clicked accept answer. Also, i have to find out what needed to done , i ll reply in a day or two
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Because I accidentally paid already so I think that's i am gonna go with you doing it but let's hold on until a day or two for me to find out what needed to be done . Is that ok with you ?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.
I fyou need the refund I can request or you can also wait for the decision of what to be done, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
then could I get the refund and decide later.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Locate the management report(s) and the independent auditor’s report(s). Page(s)_______

Answer the following questions.

a) Who is responsible for the preparation and integrity of the financial statements?

b) Does the company maintain a system of internal controls? Why?

c) What is the name of the independent public accountant (auditor)?

(Note: There are two independent auditor’s reports: (1) a report on internal control, and (2) a report on the financial statements. The following questions relate to the financial statement audit.)

e) According to the auditor’s report on the financial statements, what is the auditor’s responsibility?

f) According to the audit report, what is an audit?

g) Summarize the auditor’s opinion.

On a separate piece of paper calculate the following ratios by showing your work and then discussing their meaning.

1. Current ratio

1. Current cash debt coverage ratio

1. Days in inventory

1. Average collection period

Receivables turnover ratio =

Average collection period =

1. Debt to total assets ratio =

1. Times interest earned ratio =

1. Profit margin ratio =

1. Return on common stockholders’ equity ratio =

This this the rest of the project that needed to be done
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.
Do you need all above for only one company or for both companies, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, i would like for 2 companies please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Actually, I just got clarified that only one needed. as far as I could have enough information to work on it. Although I will need another choice to fill in part 2. Download your annual report and answer the following questions.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.
What I have understood is that you need two companies for part 2 questions but for part 3 you need only one company, please calify, as it is very confusing, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, two companies for 1 and 2. 3 needs 1
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
from the part of "OVERVIEW OF ANNUAL REPORT" in part 1 , I only need 1. and 2 for the above part
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.
It wmans that you need all requirement of original assignment, therefore the fair price is $175 for each company. Please provide deadline for your assignment, I will provide you the data for company one and if you will satify and will accept it, then I will provide you the data for company 2, as it is very long, thanks and take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think i will need only one company , the other one is just like a back up. Although I agree on the price. Why don't you just do one company for now, and I will let you know if another is needed. The due date is 5/11/2012. Tomorrow. However, only part 1 dues tomorrow, the rest due about a week from now
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will you be able to do it ? Please reply
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.
Have a nice day

Click here for solution
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can I also get the rest part please, then it would be easier paying you. Thank you
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.
By what time do you need the rest part thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
5/15 please. Also can you send me the link that you downloaded the annual report . Thanks
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.

Click here for annual report

I will try my best to give you the remainnig part by your deadline, take care.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it says that i have accepted at least one answer. Does that means i already paid you or not ?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.