Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
23848519

8. An employer must modify its job-application process so that

8. An employer must modify its job-application process so that those with disabilities can compete for jobs with those who do not have disabilities. (Points : 2)
True
False
13. In theory, causation in fact is limitless. (Points : 2)
True
False
16. A principal has a duty to cooperate with the agent. (Points : 2)
True
False

18. Household Furnishings, Inc., distributes its merchandise on an interstate basis. Under the commerce clause, Congress has the power to regulate (Points : 2)
any commercial activity in the United States that substantially affects interstate commerce.
only activities that are in intrastate commerce.
only activities that are in local commerce.
only activities that are not in commerce.
21. In 2009, Sara writes Terror at the Track, a novel about racecar driving. Sara does not register the work with the appropriate government office. Under federal copyright law, Sara’s work is protected (Points : 2)
for ten years.
for twenty years.
for the life of the author plus seventy years.
forever.
23. State securities laws apply only to interstate transactions. (Points : 2)
True
False

24. Any party who uses an e-agent is bound by the e-agent's actions. (Points : 2)
True
False

25. High-Tech Services, Inc., and Internet Investments Corporation enter into a con¬tract that would otherwise be subject to the UETA but purports to "opt out." The UETA covers (Points : 2)
none of the contract.
only the part of the contract that concerns computer information.
only the part of the contract that does not concern computer information.
the entire contract.
27. Rural Development Corporation (RDC) and Sid enter into a contract for the clear-cutting of RDC’s 50-acre tract for which RDC agrees to pay Sid. Sid transfers his duty to log the tract under the contract to Timber Logging Company. Timber is (Points : 2)
a delegatee.
an assignee.
an obligee.
a prohibitee.
31. Giant Lift Corporation purchases all of the assets of Heavy Hydraulics Corporation. With respect to Heavy Hydraulics’s liabilities, Giant Lift is (Points : 2)
automatically responsible.
not responsible under any circumstances.
responsible if Heavy Hydraulics is a competitor of Giant Lift.
responsible if the sale is actually a merger or consolidation.

33. Roc buys a farm from Steve, who claims that it would be a prime site for a housing subdivision. Roc later learns that the law does not permit the land to be used for housing. Roc may (Points : 2)
not rescind the contract.
rescind the contract only if Roc did not know the law before the deal.
rescind the contract only if Steve knew about the law before the deal.
rescind the contract only if the law is not common knowledge.
35. A minor who affirmatively misrepresents himself or herself to be an adult will not be able to disaffirm a contract in most states. (Points : 2)
True
False
37. Quality Steel Corporation files a suit against Rite Tool Company, claiming that the consideration for their contract is inadequate. The court will most likely not examine the adequacy of the consideration if (Points : 2)
it is obvious that the consideration is adequate.
Rite Tool asserts that there is adequate consideration.
something of value passed between the parties.
the consideration is worth more than $100.
38. Criminal liability depends on the commission or omission of an act. (Points : 2)
True
False
41. Kelly is an appliance salesperson. Kelly commits fraud if, to make a sale, she (Points : 2)
discloses the truth.
represents as a fact something that she knows is untrue.
states an opinion concerning something that she knows nothing about.
uses puffery.
49. On Tad's 18th birthday, he decides that he no longer wants to keep a car he bought from U-Pick Autos, Inc., when he was 17. His right to disaffirm the deal will depend on (Points : 2)
the car's condition when Tad bought it.
the car's current condition.
whether Tad acts within a reasonable period of time.
whether U-Pick has the right to disaffirm
Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the questions.

Please click here for the answers.

Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

69. Rory designs a new computer hard drive, which he names "Sci Phi." He also writes the operating manual to be included with each final product. Rory could obtain patent protection for (Points : 2)

the hard drive only.
the name only.
the operating manual only.
the hard drive, the name, and the operating manual.

72. George owns Murphy's Grill, a restaurant in a small town in Ohio. Without George's consent, Food Business, Inc., opens a club in New York City called Murphy's and begins to use "murphys" as part of the URL for the club's website. Food Business has committed (Points : 2)

copyright infringement.
patent infringement.
trademark dilution.
none of the choices.

75. Musicology Instrument Company and Noisemakers, Inc., enter into an e-contract. A dispute arises, and Musicology files a suit against Noisemakers. Like most courts to date, the court that hears this suit will probably apply (Points : 2)

Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code.
nontraditional e-commerce law principles.
traditional common law principles.

76. Sunny is a salesperson for Tech Instruments, Inc. (TI). She misrepresents to Universal Piping Company, a customer, that a certain device has a certain capability. In reliance, Universal buys the device. Liable for this misrepresentation is (Points : 2)

Sunny and TI.
Sunny only.
TI only.
Universal but neither Sunny nor TI.

79. Odell, Prince, and Quinn are shareholders of Rite Corporation. Before a shareholders' meeting, they agree in writing to vote their shares together in a certain manner. Usually, such agreements are held to be (Points : 2)

invalid and unenforceable.
oppressive and irresponsible.
suspect and voidable.
valid and enforceable.

86. A business trust is somewhat similar to a corporation. (Points : 2)

True
False

87. Aero Cola features Bubbly Cola's trademark without its owner's permission. Dana buys a bottle of Aero Cola. The mark has been infringed by (Points : 2)

Aero.
Bubbly.
Dana.
none of the choices.

90. Ida hires Jim, a real estate broker, to act as her agent to sell her land for $100,000. Oil is discovered beneath the land, causing its market value to increase 100-fold. The agency agreement is likely (Points : 2)

still in force if Ida gives Jim additional consideration.
still in force if Jim does not mention the oil to prospective customers.
terminated by mutual consent of the parties.
terminated by operation of law.

91. Any corporation with more than $10 million in assets and 500 or more shareholders must register with the Securities and Exchange Commission. (Points : 2)

True
False

96. Rescission is the substitution of one party to a contract for a third party, who agrees to assume the contractual duties. (Points : 2)

True
False

*The deadline for these questions is 1 hour... I appreciate it if you can make it.... Once I receive nthe anwsers, I will accept it.. If you can't make it.. Don't worry about it... Thanks

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure on a few of the additional ones but I will answer as many as I can before the time';s up.
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience