akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert

Rail Gun

Rail Gun A rail gun uses electromagnetic forces to accelerate a projectile to very high velocities. The basic mechanism of acceleration is relatively simple and can be illustrated in the following example. A metal rod of mass 50.0 g and electrical resistance 0.100 Ω rests on parallel horizontal rails that have negligible electric resistance. The rails are a distance L = 10.0 cm apart. The rails are also connected to a voltage source providing a voltage of V = 5.00 V. The rod is placed in a vertical magnetic field. The rod begins to slide when the field reaches the value B = 4.90×10−2 T. Assume that the rod has a slightly flattened bottom so that it slides instead of rolling. Use 9.80 m/s2 for the magnitude of the acceleration due to gravity. Find μs, the coefficient of static friction between the rod and the rails.

Attachment: 2012-05-01_012408_rail_gun.docx

Thanks. I will try to reply by due time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yeah take your time this is extra credit am doing to help my grade in this course since i hardly understand the concept.
OK. Thanks.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.