BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

MGMT415-1202B-05 Global Operations Management Assignment

MGMT415-1202B-05 Global Operations Management
Assignment Name: Unit 1 Discussion Board
Deliverable Length: 4-5 paragraphs
Details: The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.

At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.

The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each week.

Library Research Assignment

Using the library, course materials, and other Web resources, find some examples of international companies in the United States that demonstrate a global management approach to their operations. Provide some specific examples of practices or strategies that demonstrate this approach.

Then answer the following questions:
•Why has it become so important for companies to become competitive in the global business environment?
•What advancements in operations management in other countries have affected the way companies in the United States operate?
Be sure to reference all sources using APA style. For more information on APA, please visit the APASTYLE Lab.

Suggestions for Responding to Peer Posts

Review the examples of companies demonstrating a global approach to operations posted by your peer. Compare and contrast the company strategies and practices that your peer provided to the ones that you provided. What similarities or differences exist?

Grading Criteria
% of grade for this assignment

Examples of companies demonstrating global operations management approach.
30%

Why has it become so important for companies to become competitive in the global business environment?
30%

What advancements in operations management in other countries have affected the way companies in the United States operate?
20%

Response to Peer Posts
15%

APA citation and references
5%
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I may be able to help. Please respond with the due date, and the length. Thank you! I look forward to working with you! BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4/25/12 4-5 paragraphs

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
No problem... Glad to hear from you again! ;)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Working on this now! Smile
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Here is your answer. Enjoy!
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ip Question 4-5 pages how much will send on 4/27/12.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
As always, I ask $10 per page... And all the details you have please. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
You bet! How did the stats class go?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got a D out the class.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Does this mean you passed the class and it is OVER??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I did. it is over

This is from my peers:

You chose two very good examples of companies that demonstrate global operations management. There is a difference between Wal-Mart and my example in Nike. Wal-Mart is a wholesale producer offering a variety of products. Their approach is different than Nike in that the shoe manufacturer simply offers one product. The barriers Wal-Mart experienced in emerging in Germany probably wouldn't exist for Nike. The size, variety, and products offered makes a difference as to how these issues play out in global operations. Great post it was very well written and informative.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your thoughtful post and reply to my own addition to the discussion. I agree that Nike would likely have an easier time in Germany with one major type of product; however, I think that is not the only reason. Walmart failed mostly because of the way they do business. When you think of being in a Walmart store, you remember the sort of in-your-face type sales style, where they are so happy and willing to help. This is what turned the people in Germany off and ultimately caused its demise there. If Walmart had only done better scouting and preparation before looking to compete in the German market, they could have been better equipped to deal with the less friendly approach.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done extensive work in the form of management courses and Wal-Mart as an entity. Not only that but I used to be employed with them 20 some years ago. Do you think that a business will face varying oppositions when entering into varying markets? Do you know of any other names that Wal-Mart considers in other countries? Do you know why Wal-Mart would steal from its own when creating stores so close in proximity? Did you know that they also create Ma & Pa stores within an area when they already have numerous outlets in a pinned area? Why do you think that cultural sensitivity didn't work so well for Wal-Mart in Germany? Thanks, great post! Take Care, Bobby Baker
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.