Alex
Alex, Engineer
Experience:  BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
50749495

Using the Internet and other available resources research Southwest

Using the Internet and other available resources research Southwest Airlines' approach to customer and employee retention. Explore the relationship between the success of the airline and the practices of the SWA People Department. State your perspective on SWA's philosophy and strategies on managing people in the delivery of their service.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Alex replied 2 years ago.

Alex :

Hi, what's the due date for the assignment and the required word count?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need it immediately 300 words
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will you be able to help?
Expert:  Alex replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I usually work nights. Yes, will have it in about 30 minutes. Will that work?
Expert:  Alex replied 2 years ago.
Here you are:

http://wikisend.com/download/128858/Southwest.doc

Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know how to download from this site.
Expert:  Alex replied 2 years ago.
Here you are:

While many airlines believe that they are focused on customer service Southwest continues to be the winner in terms of customer satisfaction scores and the number of complaints received from consumers. The primary reason for this is that Southwest has a culture that is purely focused on providing great service to the customer at a fair price. They have removed many roadblocks in terms of ensuring customer satisfaction including no baggage fees like many other airlines charge. Southwest empowers their employees to allow them to make decisions when faced with a problem by a customer. Instead of contacting a manager an employee has the ability to correct the situation. This ensures the customer is happy and returns for future flights with the company. In addition to focusing on customer satisfaction by empowering employees the company also makes it a point to ensure that their employees are happy. Part of how they ensure employee satisfaction is by empowering employees as not only does it provide for happier customers it also provides for happier employees. Employees are encouraged to have fun in their jobs and are even free to add their own unique spin to everything from airline announcements to the encouraged interaction with customers. In addition, Southwest has had an employee profit sharing plan since 1973 which has allowed employees to currently own approximately 10% of the company. This provides employees with a vested interest which provides them with the incentive to continue to provide great service as more customers means increased profit sharing. The culture of having fun and rewarding employees has been the hallmark of Southwests success even through difficult economic times in which other airlines filed for bankruptcy. The employee loyalty that has developed in the culture allowed for the employees to accept temporary pay cuts in an attempt to protect the jobs of everyone and ensure the airlines long term success. Providing the incentives and atmosphere in which people love to work has allowed them to succeed in terms of both employee and customer satisfaction.

Alex, Engineer
Experience: BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
Expert:  Alex replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.