Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Part 1 of 1 - Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points An early

Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points

An early childhood professional who works toward a young child's socialization into the larger society recognizes the seriousness of:
 A. supporting children through numerous transitions, so they can negotiate future changes. 

B. supporting colleagues in their professional development. 

C. reserving space for professional reflection, mentoring, and collaboration. 

D. developing a values-based philosophy backed by NAEYC. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 2 of 20 5.0 Points

The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) recommends __________ hours of professional development a year for early childhood professionals.ad
 A. 12 

B. 24 

C. 36 

D. 48 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 3 of 20 5.0 Points

High-quality and meaningful personal development takes:
 A. time. 

B. planning. 

C. commitment. 

D. All of the above 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 4 of 20 5.0 Points

When working to establish a culturally responsive program you should:
 A. focus on making several changes at once. 

B. try out new ideas. 

C. stick with your current repertoire of activities. 

D. focus on acculturating the children. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 5 of 20 5.0 Points

__________ is an absolute necessity for personal development in early childhood education.
 A. A reserved attitude 

B. Community service 

C. Collegial support 

D. A planning period 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 6 of 20 5.0 Points

__________ are essential aspect of effective supervision and mentorship in work with young children and their families.
 A. Attitudes of superiority and confidence 

B. Persistence and a loud personality 

C. Professionalism, patience, and perseverance 

D. Reflection, collaboration, and regularity 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 7 of 20 5.0 Points

You can increase your knowledge about and understanding of the families you serve by:
 A. attending activities in their communities. 

B. attending cultural events. 

C. collaborating with a colleague who has expertise in working with families from diverse backgrounds. 

D. All of the above 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 8 of 20 5.0 Points

When working with diverse families it is important to acknowledge your own:
 A. faults. 

B. biases. 

C. values. 

D. None of the above 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 9 of 20 5.0 Points

The NAEYC states that children’s __________ is strongly influenced by the cultural context in which they live.
 A. development 

B. self-esteem 

C. cognition 

D. behavior 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 10 of 20 5.0 Points

As educational professionals it is important to understand that as a result of their cultural context children are taught, either explicitly or implicitly, specific behaviors, such as:
 A. how to walk quietly. 

B. how to show respect. 

C. how to read. 

D. how to use an inside voice. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 11 of 20 5.0 Points

__________ is required to implement a formal mentorship process and to support its success in staff and program development, particularly I developing culturally responsive programs.
 A. Staff moral 

B. Financial support 

C. Administrative support 

D. Parental approval 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 12 of 20 5.0 Points

An in-depth explanation was given to a group of non-mainstream parents about the NAEYC certificate displayed in the center. The explanation included the position statement on serving linguistically and culturally diverse groups. According to NAEYC principles, which one of the following statements is not one of the guidelines for effective early childhood education?
 A. NAEYC will monitor the program's selection of staff, its curriculum, and the children to be enrolled. 

B. NAEYC supports active involvement of parents and families in the early learning program. 

C. NAEYC advocates hiring staff who are professionally prepared and skillful in areas of culture, language, and diversity. 

D. NAEYC acknowledges that children can and will learn English, while using and respecting the home language. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 13 of 20 5.0 Points

As an early childhood teacher, it is important to develop a philosophy that values:
 A. cultural diversity. 

B. high achievers. 

C. uniformity. 

D. complexity. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 14 of 20 5.0 Points

During the process of program evaluation, diversity would NOT be evidenced in:
 A. the presence of materials reflecting an array of culturally different groups. 

B. planned activities that mirror games, interests, and history of ethnic groups. 

C. staff representatives of diverse linguistic and racial backgrounds. 

D. exclusion of mainstream parents/guardians from policy committees, in the interest of cultural diversity. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 15 of 20 5.0 Points

Relationships with __________ individuals are a valuable asset to programs serving young children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
 A. open minded 

B. bicultural/bilingual 

C. extreme 

D. None of the above 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 16 of 20 5.0 Points

Programs should evaluate their effectiveness in serving children and families from diverse backgrounds in many different ways including an annual evaluation process involving a:
 A. family questionnaire or interview. 

B. staff meeting to see what the teachers think. 

C. newsletter letting parents know what the new objects are. 

D. web page with program info for parents to read. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 17 of 20 5.0 Points

One of the core values of the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct is:
 A. to adapt curriculum for cultural diversity. 

B. to involve community members in the program's policy decisions. 

C. recognition that the best way to understand a child is to study the context of the child's whole life, including the society as a whole. 

D. the need for professional development activities at all staffing levels in an early childhood education program. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 18 of 20 5.0 Points

A parent from a non-mainstream culture complains to the program director that her son is being negatively singled out by his teacher. The director would do well, as a first step, to address the complaint by:
 A. backing the teacher's position and action. 

B. setting a meeting in which all parties would agree to seek new patterns and ways of understanding each other. 

C. affirming the parent's right to report the perceived disrespect and assuring her that appropriate steps will be taken to resolve the situation internally. 

D. consulting the agency's attorney. 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 19 of 20 5.0 Points

Good intentions are __________ for the successful development of truly culturally responsive and developmentally appropriate and enhancing early childhood programs.
 A. not a necessary element 

B. usually the downfall 

C. the most important element 

D. not sufficient 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 20 of 20 5.0 Points

The NAEYC’s Code of Ethical Conduct states that teachers are to respect the __________ of each family and its culture, language, customs and beliefs.
 A. dignity 

B. diversity 

C. uniqueness 

D. religion 
Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello meerbusa,

I'll be working on these question for you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, Thanks.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)