Joanne, Tutor
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Political Science

hi ,i am desperate to find out about a abrittish writer who

hi ,i am desperate to find out about a abrittish writer who wrote one f earliest books on dog breeds available in 1800s. i need to list 1 f 15 in this book and name the book. the information is required for a dog behaviour diploma that i am doing. thanks

Joanne :

Joanne :

can you provide more details? are you looking for a specific author?

Joanne :

i actually know of a book on dog breeds that was written in 1801

Joanne :

I'm not sure when you will be online but the book I am thinking of will be Cynographia Britannica by Sydenham Edwards. The book did listed 15 'permanent' breeds of dogs. It was first published in 1800. One of the breeds mentioned in the book will be the Mastiff (Canis Mastivus). If you need to purchase the book, here's one site which you can visit

FOR JOANNE. hi , from what I can gather from various sites there seems to be three names that kept popping up are, Linnaeus , Buffon also Dan Rice.

Joanne :

hi there

Joanne :

i do need you to provide more information on the question because there is bound to be many writers writing on dog breeds in the 1800s

Joanne :

in my opinion, edwards appears to be the most influential because he was the one who highlighted the 15 permanent breeds.

for Joanne, many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to consult you again should I get stuck on a question ? Regards buckland 95

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
for Joanne. many thanks forr you great answer, i have another stumper homework question . question - We know that dogs are not wolves but what can we learn from dogs originate from wolves ? What common behaviours that we see in our pet dogs ,might this knowledge help explain ?
Hi there! Welcome back! Is there a specific length required?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for joanne , hi , no they want to know what knowing wolves originate from dogs what common behaviours that we see in our pet dogs might this knowledge help explain ?

My answer was , ,The body language of wolves and dogs are practically identical. they are territorial, mark and defend in much the same way. they will also live in a pack situation if left to their own devices.

My marker wants more information ?

You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
were there any problems with the answer?