Neo
Neo, Tutor
Experience:  BS Accounting
4224391

I have questions that I need assistance with and I need to

I have questions that I need assistance with and I need to know the soonest you are available
Category: Homework
Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.
Good day!

I am available now.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok great! I have timed questions that I need to submit within 2 hours will this be possible

Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.

How many items will be there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have 18 questions in all but they can be split up 10/8

Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.

Ok.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. (TCO D) Which of the following performance measures will decrease if there is an increase in the accounts receivable?

Return on InvestmentResidual Income

(A)

Yes

Yes

(B)

No

Yes

(C)

Yes

No

(D)

No

No

(Points : 5) Choice A
Choice B
Choice C
Choice D

2. (TCO D) Delmar Corporation is considering the use of residual income as a measure of the performance of its divisions. Which major disadvantage of this method should the company consider before deciding to institute it? (Points : 5) This method does not take into account differences in the size of divisions.
Investments may be adopted that will decrease the overall return on investment.
The minimum required rate of return may eliminate desirable investments.
Residual income does not measure how effectively the division manager controls costs.

3. (TCO D) Given the following data: What is the return on the investment (ROI)?

Sales$50.000
Net operating income$5,000
Contribution margin$20,000
Average operating assets$25,000
Stockholder's equity$15,000
(Points : 5) 10%

20%
16.7%
80%
1. (TCO D) Seebach Corporation has two major business segments-Apparel and Accessories. Data concerning those segments for June appear below.

Sales revenues, Apparel

$700,000

Variable expenses, Apparel

$406,000

Traceable fixed expenses, Apparel

$98,000

Sales revenues, Accessories

$710,000

Variable expenses, Accessories

$312,000

Traceable fixed expenses, Accessories

$107,000

Common fixed expenses totaled $292,000 and were allocated as follows: $155,000 to the Apparel business segment and $137,000 to the Accessories business segment.

Required:

Prepare a segmented income statement in the contribution format for the company. Omit percentages; show only dollar amounts. (Points : 15)

2. (TCO D) Eber Wares is a division of a major corporation. The following data are for the latest year of operations.

Sales$30,000,000
Net Operating income$1,170,000
Average operating assets$8,000,000
The company's minimum required rate of return18%

Required:

i. What is the division's margin?

ii. What is the division's turnover?

iii. What is the division's ROI?

iv. What is the division's residual income? (Points : 15)

3. (TCOD) The management of Thews Corporation is considering dropping product E28I. Data from the company's accounting system appear below.

Sales$480,000
Variable Expenses$202,000
Fixed Manufacturing Expenses$158,000
Fixed Selling and Administrative Expenses$130,000

All fixed expenses of the company are fully allocated to products in the company's accounting system. Further investigation has revealed that $86,000 of the fixed manufacturing expenses and $67,000 of the fixed selling and administrative expenses are avoidable if product E28I is discontinued.

Required:

i. What is the net operating income earned by product E28I according to the company's accounting system? Show your work!

ii. What would be the effect on the company's overall net operating income of dropping product E28I? Should the product be dropped? Show your work! (Points : 15)

4. (TCO D) Rosiek Corporation uses part A55 in one of its products. The company's accounting department reports the following costs of producing the 4,000 units of the part that are needed every year.

Per Unit
Direct Materials$2.80
Direct Labor$6.30
Variable Overhead$8.50
Supervisor's Salary$2.60
Depreciation of Special Equipment$6.80
Allocated General Overhead$6.10

An outside supplier has offered to make the part and sell it to the company for $32.30 each. If this offer is accepted, the supervisor's salary and all of the variable costs, including direct labor, can be avoided. The special equipment used to make the part was purchased many years ago and has no salvage value or other use. The allocated general overhead represents fixed costs of the entire company. If the outside supplier's offer were accepted, only $4,000 of these allocated general overhead costs would be avoided. In addition, the space used to produce part A55 could be used to make more of one of the company's other products, generating an additional segment margin of $26,000 per year for that product.

Required:

i. Prepare a report that shows the effect on the company's total net operating income of buying part A55 from the supplier rather than continuing to make it inside the company.

ii. Which alternative should the company choose? (Points : 15)

5. (TCO D) Biello Co. manufactures and sells medals for winners of athletic and other events. Its manufacturing plant has the capacity to produce 15,000 medals each month; current monthly production is 14,250 medals. The company normally charges $115 per medal. Cost data for the current level of production are shown below.

Variable Costs
Direct Materials$969,000
Direct Labor$270,750
Selling and Administrative $270,075
Fixed Costs
Manufacturing$370,550
Selling and Administrative $89,775

The company has just received a special one-time order for 600 medals at $102 each. For this particular order, no variable selling and administrative costs would be incurred. This order would also have no effect on fixed costs.

Required:

Should the company accept this special order? Why?
These are the first 8 that I need done
Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.
I thought they are all multiple choice. I am not sure if everything may be finished in 2 hours as they computations.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok can the ones I sent you be completed in time. I have not entered into the other questions yet

Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I just found the answers from my archive. I will send them shortly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thank you!! I can send you the last questions afterwards
Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.

Please download HERE.

Thank you so much! :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you can I send the last 10 questions
Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.

Yes; please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(TCO F) The size of the labor force in a community is 800, and 720 of these folks are gainfully employed. In this community, 200 people over the age of 16 do not have a job and are not looking for work. In addition, 100 people in the community are under the age of 16. The unemployment rate is ______. (Points : 15)

2. (TCO F) Suppose nominal GDP in 2005 was $14 trillion, and in 2006 it was $15 trillion. The general price index in 2005 was 100, and in 2006 it was 103. Between 2005 and 2006, real GDP rose by what percent? (Points : 20)

3. (TCO F) The consumer price index was 198.3 in January of 2006, and it was 202.4 in January of 2007. Therefore, the rate of inflation in 2006 was about ______. (Points : 15)

4. (TCO E) (10 points) As the U.S. dollar appreciates in value relative to the Japanese Yen, what happens to the price of U.S. goods in Japan? What happens to the price of Japanese goods in the U.S.?
(10 points) Why would a country (for example China) choose to keep their currency relatively pegged to the U.S. dollar? If the U.S. dollar were to appreciate considerably against most currencies, what would be the effect on Chinese exports to countries other than the U.S.? (Points : 20)

5. (TCO E) Suppose the Indian rupee price of one British pound is 54.392 rupees for each pound. A hotel room in London costs 120 pounds, while a similar hotel room in New Delhi costs 6,500 Indian rupees. In which city is the hotel room cheaper, and by how much? (Points : 15)

6. (TCO E) Answer the next question on the basis of the following production possibilities data for Landia and Scandia:
Landia production possibilities:
A B C D E
Fish 8 6 4 2 0
Chips 0 4 8 12 16
Scandia production possibilities:
A B C D E
Fish 48 36 24 12 0
Chips 0 12 24 36 48
Refer to the above data. What would be feasible terms of trade between Landia and Scandia? (Points : 20)

7. (TCO F) The Republic of Republic produces two goods/services, fish (F) and chips (C). In 2006, the 200 units of F produced sold for $3 per unit and the 500 units of C produced sold for $1 per unit. In 2007, the 300 units of F produced sold for $4 per unit, and the 600 units of C produced sold for $2 per unit. Calculate Real GDP for 2007, assuming that 2006 is the base year. (Points : 15)

8. (TCO F) Country A produces two goods, elephants and saddles. In the year 2006, the 30 units of elephants produced sold for $3,000 per unit and the 50 units of saddles produced sold for $300 per unit. In 2007, the 40 units of elephants produced sold for $4,000 per unit, and the 60 units of saddles produced sold for $250 per unit. Real GDP for 2007, assuming that 2006 is the base year, is ______. (Points : 15)

9. (TCO E) A Honda Accord sells for $24,000 in the United States and for SF28,500 in Switzerland. Given an exchange rate of SF1.20 = $1, how do the car prices of both countries compare? (Points : 15)
Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Neo, Tutor
Experience: BS Accounting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh wow! ok thank you