Eric M.
Eric M., Tutor
Experience:  9 years of tutoring experience, Bachelor's and Master's in Computing, pursuing PhD

Discuss three reasons why aligning overall business goals with

Discuss three reasons why aligning overall business goals with IS goals is important. 200 word min.

Here are my thoughts on this: (link)

Thanks for requesting me!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are an excellent writer! Could you take a look at a paper I need written for the same subject?
Thank you! You mean could I revise it? Sure, I'd love to!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sounds good! ;) Thank you Eric.

A paper (excluding title and reference pages) and accompanying PowerPoint presentation of the material is required by the 21st (Saturday) of this month (April).

• The paper should be 6-8 pages, double spaced
  • The slide presentation should be no more than 5-10 slides and highlight the key points addressed in your paper that would be presented if you were required to make an oral presentation to management
  • Below are the broad topics from which to choose. If you wish to select a different topic consistent with your business or academic interests, you may request approval for a different topic
    1. The Internet and availability of information has had a tremendous impact on how companies do business. Select a business sector and describe how these capabilities have impacted the way business is conducted. Examples might be how it influences marketing and sales practices, how it affects distribution (Amazon or Mp3 might be examples), government, bill paying, banking, etc. Focus should be on how availability of information and the communication channel have changed the business model and how effectiveness is measured.
    2. Private and personal information available on the web provides opportunities and exposures. Discuss these concerns either from the perspective of protecting a corporate asset or protecting personal rights. Some spins might include what are the rights of companies to share your information and what are your rights to have it protected. How do credit agencies straddle the line? Cite case studies and measures to support your position.
    3. Explain how Virtual Private Networks and other secure communication channels are being used to collaborate with external Business Partners and how this is influencing business strategies. This might also include Internet-based video and audio conferencing, wireless technologies, etc. Explain how the delivery mechanism contributes to developing competitive advantage and cite measures or case studies supporting your position.
  • Alright, and what would you likemy help on? Outlining the paper, or have you already written it and would like revisions?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would you have enough time to do this for me? I will provide a very good bonus as well.

I'm sorry, I'm unable to do work like that. You might be able to find another Expert to.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No problem! Thank you for taking the time to help me. I will need your help again soon. Smile

Great! Looking forward to it!
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    Hey Eric! I have 40 multiple choice questions for you. 60 min time limit. Management Information Systems. If you can help I will send them to you 10 at a time and I will open a new thread each time.
    Hey! I'll be glad to try and help (so long as external aid is allowed), but unfortunately I won't totally know how knowledgeable I'll be until I see the questions. My MIS experience is rather niche in some places, so I can't make any conclusive promises about how accurate I'd be. I'll be happy to try, though. There might also be other Business experts that are more confident, in case you want to try asking more broadly first.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    I do appreciate your honesty Eric. I will ask and see if another expert feels more comfortable with this first. If not then I will send you the questions shortly. Will you be on for a while?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    I would still like for you to help me on this! I have faith in you. Smile
    Great! I'll try not to let you down :) I'll make sure you know which ones I'm confident about and which ones I'm unsure about, and feel free to leave the questions un-Accepted if I'm awful ;)
    Let me know what time you plan to get started, though -- I need to step out for lunch at some point, so if you're waiting a little while I'll go ahead.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    We can start now but if you will feel better after lunch we can wait?
    That'd be best -- I'll be ready in half an hour, if that's alright with you.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    A man has got to eat! I think I will do the same. Please take your time. I will be hear when you get back. Smile
    Alrighty, ready when you are!
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Here we go!

Question: A(n) ____ normally is used with structured problems and usually emphasizes information only.

Question: Many SMEs elect to implement ____ ERP systems.

B.In-house developed
    C.Custom coded
    D.Open source
    Question: In comparing the pros and cons of developing application software with internal resources versus buying off-the-shelf software, an advantage of off-the-shelf is ____.

A.The organization can use the software to gain a lasting competitive advantage
    B.The software will match the organization's needs exactly with no need for customization
    C.The lead time to implement the software is greatly shortened
    D.None of the above
    Question: The systems steering committee ____.

A.Consists of middle level managers from the IS department
    B.Never includes end users
    C.Might suggest a change in project focus
    D.None of the above
    Question: The number and types of data items that must be loaded into a new ERP system depend on the ____ of the ERP implementation.

D.None of the above
    Question: Installation of computer equipment typically involves this action ____.

A.Someone from the customer's organization oversees the manufacturer as the equipment is installed
    B.Once the equipment is installed, someone performs several tests to ensure everything is working properly
    C.The contract should be used to ensure that all equipment is delivered and installed
    D.All of the above
    Question: The performance of decision support systems is typically a function of decision quality and ____.

A.Problem complexity
    Question: A professional who specializes in analyzing and designing business systems is called a(n) ____.

C.End user
    D.Systems analyst
    Question: The purpose of system design is to answer the question ____.

A."How will the information system solve a problem?"
    B."What must the information system do to solve the problem?"
    C."When can the new system be operational?"
    D.None of the above
    Question: The primary outcome of the systems analysis phase is ____.

A.A prioritized list of system requirements
    B.Data models needed to build the new system
    C.Case diagrams to be used in system design
    D.Identified sources of data for the new system
    K, here are these: (link)

Nearly 100% sure on all of them.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.