Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

You arrest a suspect, Ben Linus, for the shooting of John Locke

You arrest a suspect, Ben Linus, for the shooting of John Locke and properly advise him of his Miranda rights in full compliance with your department's arrest procedure. Although, when asked to sign a form to show that he understands his rights, he refuses. At no point does Ben say that he wants to remain silent, that he does not want to talk to the police, or that he wants an attorney present. Throughout questioning, Ben remains silent and does not respond to any questions, until you ask him "Did you pray to God for forgiveness after you shot John?" To which he responds with one word: "yes." Ben does not answer any other questions.

At trial, the Prosecution introduces into evidence Ben's one word response as an inculpatory statement.

In your opinion, should the Defense Attorney object? Why or why not? How should the Court rule? Why?

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)