Gwyn, Teacher
Experience:  *Eight years of teaching experience in English and American History

Attachment theory has to be one of my favorite theories to

Attachment theory has to be one of my favorite theories to discuss. Basically, the theory states that the types of attachments we make as a child influence the types of attachments we make as an adult.

For example, if we develop a certain level of attachment (by the way, "attachment" in this conversation is discussed in terms of Bowlby & Ainsworth's work) as a child, we would come to expect that form of attachment in our adult relationships.

Some examples: If we were raised by a loving, accepting family, we would expect to meet a partner who shows us similar behaviors. If we were raised by an abusive family (either physical, sexual or emotional) we come to expect that from a partner later on.

What do you think about this theory? Does it make sense to in, do you think this approach is correct? Go over some of the specifics of this approach to back up your answer. Looking forward to an expert reply!

verbsrule :

Hi there. Is there a word count for this and your other discussion questions? Do you need outside sources, and if so, is there a particular format? Thanks! Gwyn

This question is open to other experts.

All the best,

Thank you for replying. I was concerned that you might need this tonight. I'll opt back in and have this ready for you by Sunday.

Have a great night!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.