Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

hello, are you available to help today?

hello, are you available to help today?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

Please post your question and I'll have a look to see if I can assist you.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its the same thign as last week just10 multiple choice questions and 4 questions. the thing is that its timed with one hour and 20 min plenty of time :). The subject is ethics and please reply back so I can send it . I will have a tip for this :)
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Post the questions when you are ready.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/?aqetfvysbsagdfa

Last four are short essay questions. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, almost done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello?
please send it I need it asap.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Answers are as follows:

1. cease

2. communications
3. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
4. required the telecommunications industry to build tools into its products that federal investigators can use for eavesdropping.

5. defamation

6. Internet filter

7. protects speech that is annoying, critical, demeaning, or offensive.

8. both b and c

9. Intellectual property

10. trade secret

1. What must web site owners/authors do in order to comply with the Children's Online Protection Act (COPA)?

Websites that are directed to children under 13 and that collect personal information must: First, post information on the homepage that specifies what kind of info is collected, how this info is collected (e.g., via cookies), how the info is used, and the procedures parents can follow to exercise their right to review their child's personal information, refuse to allow its further collection or use, or have it deleted. Second, the site must notify parents and secure their permission before collecting and disseminating children's personal information.

2. In its 1973 ruling in Miller v. California, the Supreme Court determined that speech can be considered obscene and not protected under the First Amendment, based on three questions. Identify and explain at least two of the three questions.

One of the questions determining obscenity concerns whether the average person, (applying contemporary community standards), would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient (shameful, immoral) interest. That is, would the average, reasonable person be expected to view the material as inherently obscene and meant to appeal only to such interest. Another question posed to judge the obscenity of the material is whether or not the material, taken as a whole, has any socially redeeming value. Does the work have any artistic, scientific, or political value that elevates the meaning and purpose of the material above being of merely prurient interest.

3. Couldn't answer this one.

4. According to sections 103-105 of Title 35, an invention must pass the four tests to be eligible for a patent, which are:

1.The invention must fall into one of five statutory classes: processes, machines, manufactures, compositites of nature, and new uses of any of the following.

2. The invention must be of practical use.

3. The invention must be unique of novel--something never previously introduced.

4. The invention must be innovative in the sense that it would be "unobvious" to a person with skill/expertise in the field to which it applies (i.e, not something "anyone" might have thought of/introduced).

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It sucks and I'm sorry bu the time expired :(.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Sorry that your quiz timed out. I've had internet connection problems for the past 24 hrs. I thought the problem was fixed, but my connection froze just after I started answering your questions and I had to restart.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the help and I appreciate it.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. Hope to be able to assist you again!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi
do you have time now?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I just saw your reply. I am hesitant to attempt any essay questions on a timed test, but I don't mind assisting with multiple choice questions.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its ok I just wanted to let you know I left a tip for the prior questions. Thank you very much!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much for that "accept" and bonus. Appreciate it very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you available today ? Or tomorrow ? I need help and I have a big bonus for this:) thank you very much!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

HelloCustomer

What is the assignment you are needing help with?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Same as the othe ones with multiple choice questions in ethics and 5 questions thats all. Its is timed so tell me when do you have time to do this? :) if not today tomorrow works :) Thank you so much!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Sure, I can plan for tomorrow @4:00 p.m. EST, if that suits you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great! so tomorrow at 4:00PM Eastern. Thank you!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ready?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please post the questions and confirm the time limit.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok great a couple of things...
Please start with the 5 questions first then the multiple choice. Please send what you have when you are half way please that way we dont wait till the last minute. Time will be 3 hours and 10 minnutes starting now.

Thank you very muich! I will have a great bonus for this :)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?s0egn7pd6w3l76q
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Here are three of the discussion questions for you.

1. Describe a professional code of ethics, what it entails, and why it is needed.

Professional code of ethics is set of principles with which all employees must comply to ensure ethical decision making even in difficult situations. The code serves as a guideline for an entire organization, that often includes a diverse workforce with individually varying personal ethical codes. Having a unified organizational code of ethics helps to keep all employees, throughout the hierarchy of the organization, "on the same page" ethically and serves as an efficient reference tool when dealing with ethical dilemmas. The code, in general, serves to produce a more efficient, smoother organizational operation.

2. What are the four factors established by the fair use doctrine for courts to consider whether or not a particular use of copyrighted property is fair and can be allowed without penalty?

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

2. the nature of the copyrighted work;

3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

5. Describe a citizen's right to privacy, what it entails, and examples of what specifically is protected.

The First Amendment implies the right of privacy concerning one's religion beliefs, right to freedom of expression, and the right to peaceful assemblies.

The Third Amendment implies the sanctity of and right of privacy in one's own home and the exclusion of homes and personal property from government intrusion.

The Fourth Amendment states, "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures... ." This serves to protect citizens from government intrusion into the personal lives of persons with, say, controversial political or philosophical viewpoints.

Such rights to personal liberty and privacy from governmental interference are implied throughout the Constitution. Citizens of the United States have traditionally expected and been afforded considerable protection of privacy. This climate has changed markedly in the past twenty years with increased surveillances in schools, the workplace, and even in the realm of private communication. We appear to be becoming a less trusting society with decreasing regard for the individual's right to privacy.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will wait for multiple choice :) thanks!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work