Homework Girl
Homework Girl, Graduate Student
Experience:  10+ years of tutoring, BS in Biology and English, Current Chicago Examiner and Writer
27647536

Following is a list of journals published by the American

Customer Question

Following' is a list of journals published by the American Psychological Association (APA).

Select a journal that sounds interesting to you and locate it in your library or in a full-text database such as PsycArticles. Check a recent issue of the journal and find a report of an empirical study. Once you have found your study, do the following, (you do not need to find a NEW article for this)

a. Provide a complete reference for the study using APA format

b. Find a statement of the hypothesis or the purpose for the research study. What section of the article usually contains this information?

c. See if the author(s) includes a suggestion for future research or identifies a limitation of the current study that might he corrected in future research. What section of the article usually contains such a suggestion?

d. Find out how many individuals participated in the study and describe their characteristics (age, gender, and so on). Where is this information located in the .report?

(List of journals)

American Psychologist; Behavioral Neuroscience; Contemporary Psychology; Developmental Psychology; Experimental and Clinical Psychology; Health Psychology; Journal of Abnormal Psychology; Journal of Applied Psychology; Journal of Comparative Psychology; Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology; Journal of Counseling Psychology; Journal of Educational Psychology; Journal of Experimental Psychology; Animal Behavior Processes; Journal of Experimental Psychology; Applied Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied; Journal of Experimental Psychology: General; Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception And Performance; Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition; Journal of Family Psychology; Journal of Personality and Social Psychology; Neuropsychology; Professional Psychology; Psychological Assessment; Psychological Bulletin; Psychological Review; Psychology and Aging; Psychology, Public Policy, and Law.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Homework Girl replied 2 years ago.
When do you need this by?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
by sunday or monday if that is possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you going to be able to do this?
Yes, I'll have this for you by today. Thanks!
I put the answers within the text:

Chettih, S., Durgin, F. H., & Grodner, D. J. (2012). Mixing metaphors in the cerebral hemispheres: What happens when careers collide? Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 38(2), 295-311. doi:10.1037/a0025862

Hypothesis & Purpose:

“Are processes of figurative comparison and figurative categorization different? An experiment combining alternative-sense and matched-sense metaphor priming with a divided visual field assessment technique sought to isolate processes of comparison and categorization in the 2 cerebral hemispheres” (Chettih, 2012).

Where it was found: Abstract or First paragraph

Limitations: The author identifies limitations in the conclusions that the study drawn as merely a correlation not causation as stated- “The present data merely suggest that the coding in the RH is flexible, such that different sorts of structural alignments may be more or less readily available under various interpretive contexts. A more developed theory may need to appeal to a process of constraint satisfaction …Specifically, given overlap across coarse-grained semantic fields, structural alignment might arise by subjecting the activation patterns that emerge to principles of satisfaction of multiple constraints” (Chettih, 2012).

This information was found in the Discussion section.

Individuals- Sixty Four college students from Swarthmore who were undergraduates. They spoke English natively were right handed and had normal vision.

Information found- In the “Method” section

Article link: http://psycnet.apa.org.proxy.YOURSCHOOL.edu/journals/xlm/38/2/295/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am confused about this, I tried to put it in the address bar but, it won't load

http://psycnet.apa.org.proxy.YOURSCHOOL.edu/journals/xlm/38/2/295/

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Homework Girl, Graduate Student
Experience: 10+ years of tutoring, BS in Biology and English, Current Chicago Examiner and Writer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
k i found it. Thank you