Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor

PHILOSOPHY QUESTION: In this assignment, you will complete

Customer Question

PHILOSOPHY QUESTION: In this assignment, you will complete two steps. First, you want to complete the template that is posted within the course materials. You will see the template (I will attach the template). Complete the template with comparisons of the following five religions: (1) Christianity, (2) Buddhism, (3) Judaism, (4) Islam, and (5) Hinduism. Then choose two of the five for a PowerPoint presentation and POST both the completed template and the PowerPoint. Please utilize the website www.religioustolerance.org as your reference for this assignment. Take the information you gather for each religion and insert it into the template to organize your ideas. Then create a presentation explaining what you have discovered about two of the religions from your research. Since the presentation asks that you include a comparison of the two religions to your own ideas, the focus of your presentation should include two religions that are different than your own. You want to post the template and your PowerPoint presentation.

Review the account of the major world religions in the course text and here. Choose at least two different religions, and provide an overview of each. Develop your account of the religions and their beliefs using the Chaffee text as support. Then, create a PowerPoint presentation explaining what you have discovered about the religions from your research. Be sure to include the following points in your presentation:

How are they similar?

How do they differ in their beliefs?

How do these different religions compare to what you have learned and practice in your own religious tradition (or lack of it)?

What is religious pluralism, and how does examining other belief systems help promote it?

Here is the template.

Attachment: 2012-03-29_005938_su_phi2301_w4_a2_template.doc

This is due on Saturday March 31st.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes still waiting! Due Saturday, plenty of time.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please see to it that Chris12 gets this.

Thank you.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nobody has replied yet. Due midnight tonight... is there anyone else? The lady lisa-something does well?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
I've got this one too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The instructor didn't give full credit and is asking for a re-submittal... would you be up for adding a few things to that template. I can post what her comments are. I'm not even sure I understand her comments?? it's up to you.
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, post what she sent to you. How soon do you need it back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I could get this by Tuesday midnight? That would be great. Thank you.

Possible points earned:

Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points

Provided a completed template with all components present

• Named the religions and their beliefs
  • Similarities
  • Differences
20
Created a PowerPoint presentation explaining at least two religions.20
Analyzed how the religions researched in the PowerPoint presentation compare to the personal beliefs. 15
Explained religious pluralism. 20
Cited resources using correct APA format. Used correct spelling, grammar, and concise word choice.

5

Total:80

That was what the assignment was graded on and here is what she wrote:

You did a wonderful job demonstrating your understanding of your selected religions in your PowerPoint presentation. Your examination included both similarities and differences of your selected religions. When completing a template, you want to ensure that you present a thorough summary of the information. Each box of the template should be complete. You are welcome to resubmit the completed template for credit. You did not; however include an explanation of religious pluralism. Consider how your understanding of your own beliefs is enhanced by understanding the beliefs of others. What do we miss when we lack this information?

The chart above is the total possible points. This chart indicates the points earned:

Assignment 2 Grading Criteria

Points

• Named the religions and their beliefs
  • Similarities
  • Differences

15

Created a PowerPoint presentation explaining at least two religions.

20

Analyzed how the religions researched in the PowerPoint presentation compare to the student's personal beliefs.

15

Explained religious pluralism.

0

5

Total:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can get away with turning this in Tomorrow 4/4 before Midnight. Let me know... Thanks.
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

Here's the revised template with explanations. If I can help again please let me know.

http://www.box.com/s/7b7be05acfc66766aaa5

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This one is the same as the first one.
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
My apologies. I had filled in the blank spaces and added the missing paragraphs and then saved it under the same link. I will make sure everything saves correctly next time.