BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

Assignment Name: Unit 1 Individual Project Deliverable Length:

Assignment Name: Unit 1 Individual Project
Deliverable Length: 3 pages
Details: In each of the assignments in this course, you will be dealing with the following scenario: American Intellectual Union (AIU) has assembled a team of researchers in the United States and around the world to study job satisfaction. Congratulations, you have been selected to participate in this massive global undertaking.
The study will require that you examine data, analyze the results, and share the results with groups of other researchers. Job satisfaction is important to companies large and small, and understanding it provides managers with insights into human behavior that can be used to strengthen the company's botXXXXX XXXXXne.

The data set for the study is a sample of a survey conducted on the population of the American Intellectual Union (AIU). It is available via the following link: Excel 2007 DataSet with DataSet Key which contains the following nine sections of data that will be used throughout our course:

◦Gender
◦Age
◦Department
◦Position
◦Tenure
◦Overall Job Satisfaction
◦Intrinsic Job Satisfaction—Satisfaction with the actual performance of the job
◦Extrinsic Job Satisfaction—external to the job, for example, office location, your work colleagues, your own office (cubicle/hard walled office, etc),
◦Benefits—Health insurance, pension plan, vacation, sick days, etc.
In the first assignment you are to complete the following:

•You will need to examine two of the nine sections of data:
◦one section of qualitative data (choose either Gender or Position)
◦one section of quantitative data (choose either Intrinsic or Extrinsic)
•Each section should include all data points listed in the column for the variable. The requirements include:
1.Identify the data you selected.
2.Explain why the data was selected.
3.Explain what was learned by examining these sets of data.
4.Your analysis should include using Microsoft Excel to obtain information about the data through the use of three measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode).
5.Your analysis should also include the use of two measures of variability (standard deviation and variance). Some measures are appropriate for qualitative data, and some are appropriate for quantitative data.
6.If a measure is not applicable, then explain why.
7.You will have to also provide one chart/graph for each of the results of the two processed sections of data (2 total), such as a pie or bar chart or a histogram. (A table is not a chart/graph.) Ensure that you label the chart/graph clearly.
8.You will then need to discuss what you additionally learned from the results of this process.
9.Explain why charts/graphs are important in conveying information in a visual format and why standard deviation and variation are important.
You will need to combine all of the items above into one comprehensive report. This report must be completed in Microsoft Word and should contain:

This assignment will be assessed using the rubric provided here.
Load the Data Analysis Toolpak by following these instructions.

NEED HELP?

•Check out the Free Tutoring Available for BUSN311 students. You will need to sign up for the tutoring. Your instructor has the session-specific information. Don’t wait, tutoring appointments fill up quickly.
•Beginning Statistics Lab. Presentations and Resources are Available 24/7. Synchronous Live Sessions and Office Hours are held during the session. Live Sessions are also recorded for viewing at your convenience. Your instructor has the session-specific information.
•The tutors and the lab instructor are qualified faculty members.
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA format using the attached Template. Do NOT change the font, page breaks or margins. Using the template without deleting the headings ensures that you cover each segment of the assignment.

**********A NEW SET OF DATA IS USED EACH SESSION**********

If you are taking this class for a second time, submission of past work involving the data sets will result in a zero for the assignment. Your answers will be wrong since you are working with a different set of numbers.

If you procure old assignments from students or websites and use the data for your assignment, you will receive a zero because it is considered an egregious violation of the University's academic integrity policy. The case will be referred to the Office of Academic Affairs and become part of your collegiate record. In certain circumstances, you may be awarded an F for the course.

The only way to succeed in this course is to complete the assignments using the current, dataset accessible through the link in Unit 1 on the assignment list. If you have a question or need clarification, please contact your instructor.
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I will do my best to have this for you tomorrow! BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
You know, haven't we done these same questions before? Was there a problem with the answers that you submitted previously? I have to admit that I feel sort of weak in stats, but will do my best... but you may want to ask these questions to the expert scottsinct. I have used him in the past myself. Just let me know what you decide to do. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes this homework assignment I have to take over.THANKSSmile
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Can I opt out so a better expert can help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I need your help can you help me.THANKSSmile

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I will see what I can do, but I have a whole bunch of other customers who I have agreed to help tomorrow... is there any way I can have this to you on Monday? Please? Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes!!!

I sent you the template and the data set.THANKSSmile

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Monday it is! Thank you!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is from my Instructor.

You have some good examples of data collection in the real world. Just be sure you have two specific studies from the library, for example if you are looking at observation you want to find an example of an article in the library that uses the observation technique. Each example of data collection should come from a different source. When you look at the pros/cons be sure to cite your text as well, what do they have to say about the methods?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unit 1 - Accessible Statistics - MAIN POST

Kenyana R Fletcher

American InterContinental University

Introduction

This week is the study of the process methods of how we collect data

Body

The process that is used to collect data on what television shows are most watched is done by a company called Nielsen. They take the rankings of shows such as series and networks to see where shows, sports all rank for the week ending March 24th to see who out ranked the other. Every week WWE RAW always out beat all Monday airings worldwide because people love to watch wrestling.

The Pros- The way Nielsen collects data its more of a controlled type of data because they hand out devices to certain households and they have to watch certain shows they might not otherwise watch. It's a good way to show people there is more to watch on TV then just the same old series when newer ones offer so much viewing today's' audiences.

The Cons- Is its unfair to rate only what they want to rate and it seems to be a bit biased on how American and worldwide people view programming. Its like being on spied on what I watch and when. Though I watch WWE RAW or Smackdown weekly they can't control or collect data on what I watch unless they are somehow collecting it directly from television networks what channels are being tuned into the most. American Idol uses the call or text votes to reveal how many possible viewers they had. But that a default system because way more people actually watch the show that don't call or text or vote online. They just want to see who will win so some data collection is false since it can't get true results

Voting by call in or texting votes, As in the cons this method is hardly accurate since some viewers may elect not to do anything except simply watch all these programs merely to review the outcome. Shows like The Voice, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance or the X Factor and America's Got Talent, all have a common practice the contestants require our votes to avoid the process of elimination . If enough votes from the viewers save them they go onto to be finalist the top ten always goes on tour.

The data they collect can be errors and maybe the votes were not properly counted so the wrong people wind up being booted this week. Shows that the Nielsen was collecting feedback networks can pull shows based on lack of viewers. Again that is wrong because those people without those boxes to rate the shows do watch them so the data sent to the networks are false and some new shows get pulled when they were actively being watched.

Conclusion

I don't think the Nielsen is the only way networks find out how successful a program is because they know this type of data would hurt their industry. Shows being watched have to be retrieved so other way such as how does the WWE know who watches their programs or how is it possible every week they get more views than all cable channels combined? That's what leads me to believe that there has to be a way networks control some form of data collecting of their own.

References

Elementary Statistics © 2011 Words of Wisdom Chapter 1, Page 8 Retrieved on 3/18/12

Nielsen Data Collection(2012) Retrieved 3-24-12 from:

http://www.nielsen-online.com/privacy.jsp?section=leg_scs#Collection_Technologies

http://www.nielsen-online.com/privacy.jsp?section=leg_scs

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I will work on this a little later tonight. Thanks!
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have a great start by looking at some studies involving data collection methods. Be careful with to include TWO different studies that must come from the AIU library. You want to enter the full text data base and find two articles that describe data collection. What methods do they use? then you want to look at the pros/cons of these methods and remember you must cite the text when you talk about pros/cons. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------BUSN311 Unit 1 Discussion Board ---------------------------------------------------------------------------MAIN POST : Learning about the pros and cons of data collection methods will make you tougher on survey results you receive as a manager. Some methods of data collection work better in some cases and other forms are biased. The goal of statistics is to collect impartial data and to provide data analysis that does not have a pre-determined outcome. When you hear about surveys in the news, you will probably be extremely critical of their methods rather than just taking the results at face value. We cannot get away from analysis and surveys. We do them at work, at school, and often via the internet for fun. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------2 Interactive Responses The support and insightful critique that you give your classmate speaks to your leadership qualities and your ability to contribute to a general body of knowledge. You'll be called upon to provide an informed perspective again and again throughout your entire career. Take this opportunity to form best practice feedback habits and build a comprehensive feedback technique. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------BUSN311 Unit 1 Discussion Board - Possible / Earned Points---------------------------------------------------------------------------MAIN POST---------------------------------------------------------------------------Description of Data Collection Method #1 - (cite the article AIU full-text database) --10/15****This must come from the AIU library Textbook research- (requires citation) pros and cons of the data collection method #1-- 7/10****you must use the text for your pros/cons Description of Data Collection Method #2 - (cite the article AIU full-text database) --5/15****This must be cited from a different source Textbook research- (requires citation) pros and cons of the data collection method #2 -7/10****same here be sure to use our text!---------------------------------------------------------------------------INTERACTIVE REPLIES---------------------------------------------------------------------------Response #1 with citation --7/12**** Response #2: with citation --8/13**** Don't forget when you post your replies to others you must meet the requirements presented in the prompt: Interactive Reply 1: Select one student's post. Consider the four other data collection methods learned this week. Explain why each method would or would not be appropriate for the two studies discussed. (Cite and reference the textbook since you are applying knowledge you learned from the text) Interactive Reply 2: Read through other interactive replies and select one to critique. Is the analysis of the data collection methods provided based on sound logic? Explain why or why not. (Cite and reference the textbook) This means you MUST cite the text book in both of your replies to others and answer the questions presented for both replies to earn full credit. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Grade for Unit 1 Discussion Board - 44 / 75 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- She gave me a F on my DB
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
On the most recent one? Didn't she write that you had "a great start?"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, yes she did but did you read how she wants the DB question.

I trying to pass this class second time taking it.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Is it the same teacher as last time? I am nervous about statistics! Are you sure you don't want to try a different expert for this class?? I want you to pass it this time!! Do I need to redo the DB??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No new teacher no different expert I will see can I do the DB question over and

I will let you know.THANKS

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good... keep me updated! We may be able to get you a better grade this time!!

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think this is why I receive a F in this DB class.

DB template

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I can not be sure, of course, but it is very difficult to answer a question without all the information I need. But, yes, that may be why. The template is very different from what wrote I think. I think the template is very helpful to have and use!

Register Here
I mean this is what your teacher has expressly mentioned they want.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k she sent my unit 2 DB template.do you want me to send that to you know the

assignment is due 3/28/12.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Whatever you have please send me as soon as it available. Have you asked the next question yet? Is that unit 2 DB?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, YES

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
You can send it whenever you have it so I have more time to do it! Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Got it. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will post

Register Here
the homework assigment to you tommorow is that okay.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
You bet! Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You did a good job finding the mean of this data, remember you MUST also find the median mode and standard deviation as well as create two graphs (either a pie or bar graph) Please be sure to answer all aspects of the assignment. It is helpful after you have completed your project to go back and reread the assignment. Make sure that each and every question in the project outline. You can also download the grading rubrics to ensure that you have completed each portion by re reading over the rubric and making sure each aspect is covered in your project. Sometimes just getting started is the most difficult part of any project: small or large. Of all the projects you've successfully completed thus far in life, you've just completed another. Congrats on completing your first statistics project!---------------------------------------------------------------------------BUSN 311 Unit 1 Individual Project ---------------------------------------------------------------------------In the world statistical analysis we need to make sure that the reader knows what data we are working with so that we are all on the same page. Normally we do not present the results of all of the data that we have, but choose to report of specific sections that have meaning to a project or that will be interesting to the audience. A computer program does most of the work in a data analysis. Before computers and calculators, experts had to be competent in mathematics in order to work with these numbers. Today, the most important aspects that business people take away from statistics will be the applications. What do the results means and how can I use them to affect the bottom line or make something better?---------------------------------------------------------------------------MICROSOFT EXCEL DATA ANALYSIS---------------------------------------------------------------------------The two types of data used in statistics are quantitative data and qualitative data. To determine the type of data for a statistical study or experiment one must examine the individual observation: Quantitative Data occurs if each individual observation measures an amount or count. The words scale or score often indicate quantitative data. Qualitative Data occurs if each individual observation represents a class or category. The word rank often indicates qualitative data. While excel will calculate descriptive statistics for each type of data it is important to realize that that not all statistics are appropriate for all situations. This is where a human is necessary to think critically and present only statistics that have practical meaning for each type of data. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------What do the results mean? This is what managers get paid for. They need to be able to interpret the results to support business decisions---------------------------------------------------------------------------BUSN 311 Unit 1 Individual Project - Possible / Earned Points---------------------------------------------------------------------------Identification of data you selected -- 5/5**** Explanation for Selection of Data -- 5/5**** Explanation of what was learned by examining the data -10/10****---------------------------------------------------------------------------MICROSOFT EXCEL DATA ANALYSIS---------------------------------------------------------------------------Data Analysis via three measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode) -3/10****Be sure to find the median and mode as well Data Analysis via two measures of variability (standard deviation and variance) - 0/10****This is not present If a measure is not applicable, then explain why - 10/15****You are right about the difference but don't mention the stats, which stats do we calculate for qualitative and which don't we? Why is that? Check out the unit 1 newsletter in the instructor files for more information. Chart/Graph #1 -0/10****This is not present Chart/Graph #2 0/10****This is not present Application of the results of this process - 5/15****Be sure to elaborate and explain based on your analysis what would you recommend to AIU, are employees happy? How do you know that? What action would you recommend they take? Explanation of why standard deviation and variation are important - 5/10****Be careful this does not directly measure confidence (although it is used to calculate margin of error) the margin of error is used to look at confidence what specifically does standard devotion measure? Explanation of why charts/graphs are important in conveying information in a visual format - 5/10****Be sure to be specific how does a graph help clarify data? What is the advantage of a chart v a list of data? Research: References provided with in text citations- 15/15*****---------------------------------------------------------------------------Grade for Unit 1 Individual Project - 57 / 125 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------10% late penalty assessed she gave me a F
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Oh no! Can you redo the project? Do you have the rubrics that were given to you? I don't see where she gave you an F given the points it seems you scored on this assignment... I guess we have to keep trying!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. know I have two F I am going to send you the DB question.THANKS

Register Here

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I am really sorry. Are you sure you don't want to try a new expert? I am going out tonight, so the soonest I can have the next answer is tomorrow. And please send all rubrics that I need to help you. Your teacher is quite tough!!

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k, I will send it in 10 seconds.THANKS

Register Here

who will I choose for a new expert. assignment is due 3/28/12.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
You can stick with me or switch to scottsinct like I had suggested. Just let me know. How long is this class anyway??If I have the rubrics before I send you the answer, I may be able to do a better job... this is an undergraduate class, right??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this class is five weeks long yes undergraduate class

THANKS who is scottsinct

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
He is another expert on this site. You can request him like you do me. If you want, I can take a crack at your next question or you can try him. Thanks!