Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

Determine which level of measurement— nominal, ordinal, interval,

Determine which level of measurement— nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio—is used in the following examples.

• The Association of Accountants is conducting a survey to determine the ranking of the top 100 accounting firms in the world.

• How many years did it take you to earn your college degree?

• On a questionnaire which asks for gender, males are coded as 1 and females are coded as 2.

• Respondents are asked to rate a list of high-tech companies as excellent, good, fair, or poor in terms of their service delivery.

• Cereal brands are arranged in an ordered sequence in which an equal interval exists between each point.

• LeBron James wears the number 23 on his jersey.

• The length of time it takes the winner of a marathon to cross the finish line.

• Students are asked to rank computer manufacturers.

• The brand of charge card used by a customer.

• The pin number used to access your checking account.

Which sampling method—simple random, systematic, stratified, cluster, convenience, judgment, quota, or snowball—is most appropriate for the following examples?

• The unemployment rate is calculated each month by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The survey consists of 50,000 households in about 2,000 counties and cities in all 50 states.

• A researcher for Kraft Foods selects five states randomly, and then selects 10 supermarkets chains within each state to call for a phone survey as test markets for a new cookie.

• A new product researcher would like to investigate the use of virtual teams. After conducting an interview with a manager, she asks for the names of other managers that use virtual teams.

• A news reporter asks people on the street their opinion about the president’s new bill.

• Jamie select Denver, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; and San Diego, California as test markets for a new potato chip line base on her experience with these markets.

• A researcher instructs field interviewers to interview customers of different cell phone companies in a nearby shopping mall so that they each interview 10 AT&T, 8 T Mobile, 6 Verizon, and 4 owners of other cell phone providers.

• The Consumer Price Index represents a sampling of 90,000 items from 364 categories, chosen from 20,000 retail stores in 85 geographically distributed areas that are chosen to be as similar as possible.

• A finance professor wants to know how many MBA students would be willing to take a course in international finance this summer. She surveys students in the class she is currently teaching.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)