BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning.

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.

At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.

The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each week.

Accessible Statistics

This first discussion will introduce you to the type of research and analysis required in the course. Statistical analysis needs to be grounded in theory and backed by research to be useful to management.

MAIN DISCUSSION POST:

Five data collection techniques are discussed in this week’s readings. Using articles from the library’s full-text databases, find examples of studies that used two different methods of data collection.

1.Paragraph 1: Describe the data collection method used in one study. (Be sure to cite the article which must be from one of AIU’s full-text databases)
2.Paragraph 2: Using the knowledge you gained from the textbook, discuss the pros and cons of the data collection method. (Cite the textbook)
3.Paragraph 3: Describe a different data collection method used in another study. (Be sure to cite the article which must be from one of AIU’s full-text databases)
4.Paragraph 4: Again, using the knowledge you learned from the textbook, discuss the pros and cons of the data collection method. (Cite the textbook)
Please do not use quotes or copy definitions. You will not receive credit for understanding the materials if you use the words of others. Keep in mind that since you did research and you have citations in the body of the post, you must also place a reference list at the end containing the textbook and the articles cited.

Do not use file attachments. It is NOT necessary to upload this assignment to the Submit Files area. Your 4 paragraph (300 words) main post must be submitted to the Discussion Board.

INTERACTIVE RESPONSES:

Interactive Reply 1:

Select one student’s post. Consider the four other data collection methods learned this week. Explain why each method would or would not be appropriate for the two studies discussed. (Cite and reference the textbook since you are applying knowledge you learned from the text)

Interactive Reply 2:

Read through other interactive replies and select one to critique. Is the analysis of the data collection methods provided based on sound logic? Explain why or why not. (Cite and reference the textbook)

Each post should be one paragraph in length (75 words) and must be substantive in nature

Use of unoriginal text and excessive quotes indicates a lack of comprehension and shows that you may not have mastered the concepts.

You will submit a minimum of 6 paragraphs for the week. At least four paragraphs will be included in your MAIN POST and one paragraph each for your two Interactive Replies.

MAIN POST
4 paragraphs
300 words

1st Interactive Response
1 Paragraph
75 words

2nd Interactive Response
1 Paragraph
75 words

TOTAL for U1 DB: 6 Paragraphs
6 Paragraphs
450 words
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Do you need this TODAY? Please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes. DB Question is due on wed.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Here is your answer for the discussion board. Smile Thank you!
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is from my peers

BUSN 311 Unit 1 DB Cherry Iott AIU Observational study is a method of data collection which involves a process of watching any given any type of situation and recording the data that is observed. The disadvantages of the observational data method are that some of the research can be conducted to a subject to the researchers. They also may not be enough information given. The advantages of observational data method are that the researcher will experience their firsthand and is easy to do. There are no calculation needed to see the outcome of what the researcher is trying to achieve. The second method is Questionnaires: In order to collect data, it is normally comprised of the questions that need to be clearly constructed. The advantages of the questionnaires is that it gives immediate feedback and they also have a way to rate the scale which is created during the evaluation. The disadvantages of the questionnaires is that if it is done in person the individual who is being asked the questions which can be influenced by the way the person who was conducting the survey. The mass mailing is of the return rate is low in the percentage. References: Editorial Board. (2011) Elementary Statistics Huges, Jeffery D., Coles, Mark A; Joyce Andrew (August 1, 2011) Quality in Primary Care

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THIS IS THE DATA SET TO HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT IP

I JUST WANT TO KNOW DID YOU RECEIVE THIS.

data set

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
No, you did not send it earlier, but I don't think this changes the answer for the current question. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i just sent it to you i just want to know do you receive it click on the data set.THANKS
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I have it. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k you will need that for homework assignment Ip which i will sent to

you on friday.thanks

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A little hint for your discussion board posts:

We want to reference other sources that is a great plan! However we want to make sure that our work is our own work and thoughts. When you submit your post you get a similarity score. In general for discussion boards we want to be sure that this is under 25%. If it is higher than 25% it means you are using to much information from other sources or to many direct quotes. So look at your score, use it to your advantage and go back and change/edit your post so you have less quotes or direct information from other sources. Put some of the information in your own words, summarize, paraphrase. Its great to use these sources and I encourage it but we also want to make sure that you are assimilating the information into your own thoughts as well! Remember direct quotes are RARELY appropriate unless the credibility of the author adds to an argument. This is not the case in mathematics so try to use as few direct quotes as possible!

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Great information. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

similarty score was 29%

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Sim score for what part?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DB Question that you gave me on 3/21/12.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unit 1 - Accessible Statistics - MAIN POST

Ayah Nda

American InterContinental University

Introduction

Statistics is a field that collects and interprets quantitative data on any subject in order to describe traits of a state's population.

Body (4 paragraphs)

Two different methods of data collection are observational data and census.

Observational data is a process where the observer observes a given situation in order to record and collect the information observed. The observational data has been used in north Atlantic region to understand why extra tropical cyclones are the main reason of intra-annual climate variability. From 1957 to 2000, the observers registered green house gas concentration. Observers also recorded the life cycle of extra tropical cyclones. In addition, they emphasized on the level of the sea temperature surface in North Atlantic Ocean also called North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO). These observational data in this case allowed observers to interpret and explain why the number of intense cyclones increases now days (Sienz, Schneidereit, Blender, Fraedrich, 2010).

The pro of an observational data is that information is collected when and where an activity or event is taking place. The disadvantage is that the information collected by observational method cannot be generalized to a larger population.

Another data collection method is census. It is a method of collecting data by survey on an entire population at a point time. The US census bureau uses this to determine US population including sex, age, race, ethnicity and household. It was a formula that each household fielded and sent back to the bureau via mail (United States Census Bureau 2010, 2011)

The advantage of census is that there is a great chance to have feedback from the population. However, census is not practical in most study because it takes time and it cost. (Meradorf, 2009).

Conclusion

Observational data and census are two collection data method used in statistic. Observational data is applied on a small group while census needs a large population.

References

Meradorf, S. (2009). Advantages and disadvantages of census survey. Retrieved March, 23rd 2012, from http://survey.cvent.com/blog/cvent-web-surveys-blog/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-census-surveys

Sienz,F. , Schneidereit, A., Blender, R. , Fraedrich, K. (2010). Extreme value statistics for North Atlantic cyclones. Retrieved March, 23rd 2012, from http://ehis.ebscohost.com.proxy.cecybrary.com/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=5&hid=115&sid=ecd1b325-27f2-49f2-9040-886e5ca78545%40sessionmgr12.

United States Census Bureau 2010. (2011). 2010 census data. Retrieved March, 23rd 2012, from http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Have you sent the info I need for the chart you sent me? I will get to the peer response in a little while. Thanks!
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!