DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

Hi DXJ: I know you are in class today... can you help... Due

Customer Question

Hi DXJ: I know you are in class today... can you help... Due Thurs

http://wikisend.com/download/480810/Partisanship of Community.docx
Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a Moderator with Just Answer. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 4 years ago.

Hi!

Just getting this now:-) Is there a particular source for this? DXJ

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My apologies I just saw this not due until tomorrow: Here are the sources

Readings

• Course Text: Research Methods in Health Promotion

• Chapter 3: "Ethical Issues in Health Promotion Research" (pp. 41-72)

Ethical conduct in research has had a very disconcerting past with regard to human participant studies. Chapter 3 examines select historical cases in which highly questionable practices took place with regard to ethical conduct. The intent of this chapter is to give public health researchers an understanding for the need of ethical conduct in research practice.

Articles

• Minkler, M. (2004). Ethical challenges for the "outside" researcher in community-based participatory research. Health Education & Behavior, 31(6), 684-697.
    Use the CINAHL Plus with Full Text database, and search using the article's Accession Number: XXXXXXXXXX br/>
    This article explores the conceptual and historical roots of community-based participatory research (CBPR), and uses the principles of Kelly and a well-known racism framework from Jones as foundational guidelines for overcoming CBPR challenges during implementation.

• Quinn, S. C. (2004). Protecting human subjects: The role of the community advisory boards. American Journal of Public Health, 94(6), 918-922.
    Use the Academic Search Premier database, and search using the article's Accession Number: 13270392.

This article explores the many uses of community advisory boards (CABs) within the function of research practice. This article further establishes the link between CABs and ethical research conduct to aid in the protection of human subjects used in research studies.

Supplemental Resources

OK, great! Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi DJX:

I hope all is well with you today... Just checking in with your progress on this

Hi!

You must have know I was just thinking about you!

Is this supposed to be 250-350 words?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes madam :-)

OK, just wanted to be sure! Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO thank you...
Well, working through it now...........Thanks again!Smile
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you ... that was quick were you already working on this?

Yes! Besides, I have lots of experience in this arena:-)

Most of my research involved patients from an international community- more than 70 countries! Imagine that!Smile DXJ

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi DXJ : Just checking in with you to check the status of the diabetes assignment... It looks like I forgot to add a tip on the last one will go back and do this now .

I'm working through it......

Had a setback earlier today........(Wish food labels would detail all the ingredients:-)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Oh no are you okay? I thought about you earlier today bc i had not heard from u and i was hoping u were not ill.....dont worry about this tonight.Get better and i will work through it tomorrow! Its not due till then so I will work on it! YOU GET BETTER AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF TONIGHT NO WORRIES ON MY END

Many apologies!!!!!!!!! I should be better later tonight or tomorrow morning:-)

(This is one of the reasons I do not eat while I work:-)

I did find this dataset

http://205.207.175.93/HDI/ReportFolders/reportFolders.aspx

The PDFs are here

http://www.mediafire.com/?9u1bratijk2dd00

and here http://www.mediafire.com/?f65t3zq9w3ckwmi

it is assessing gender, age, minority and income with diabetes.

It is CDC data, not the best given the parameters but it could be interesting.

What do you think? Let me know I'll send it to you. DXJ

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You know there is no need to apologize to me .....I have told you more than once your health is more important! Sure send the data set over i would like to review it but send it tomorrow I prefer you get rest tonight and feel better! GN! Hopefully you are getting rest but I have a feeling you maybe be a bit "hard headed" as my grandmother would say
Hard-headed and dedicated

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here