Susan Athena
Susan Athena, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.
12809769

Please answer by thursday! From what sources might research

Please answer by thursday!

From what sources might research topics emerge?

Note: By "sources", please do not refer to sources to conduct research. Please focus on from where the ideas for a research project may come.

Ideas for research projects can come from many sources. Typical examples include results or (non-results) of earlier research, testing of theories, re-testing conclusions drawn where the passage of time might change the results.

The results of research often suggest questions for further research. Theoretical reasoning is validated or refuted by research, and many conclusions drawn by research are time-sensitive.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you elaborate a little more- this answer has to be at least 100 words! It's only 70 words now!

An example of research being a source of further research questions is in the field of Gender studies. One study showed that females in general are less able to succeed in mathematics than are boys in a given age group. These results suggest a number of different hypotheses: that girls are less equipped genetically for math, that the social treatment of girls in that age group inhibits their developing math skills, or that girls develop mathematical skills at a different rate than boys. Any one of these hypotheses may be used to design a new area of research.

Experienced Teacher, Teacher
Experience: 10 Years secondary Social studies, AP US History, Graded for College Board AP essays,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Would you like to handle this response from your answer from above?

Your response was very interesting especially your example about gender studies. I have thought that boys seem to excel in math faster than girls but I never knew it was so reading your response really cleared some things up for me.

There does not seem to be a question. Please formulate one and post it. You may request me to work on it if you like.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The above is a reponse to your original post to the discussion question: Here is your original answer in which they are responding too!

The response to my original post is not a question. How do you want me to respond to "That was interesting..."
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Your suppose to give a response to the person discussion answer, because it's based off of your original discussion answer!

There is nothing to reply to.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All I need is for you to respond back to the first response to your original. These are discussion questions. So, therefore you have take part in the discussion by asking additional questions, giving additional examples, or your oppinion about their response!
Gender differences studies have led to other research questions involving gender differences, comparative development and learning styles.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I guess we are not on the same page. I don't think you are understanding me or what is required with discussion questions & responses in order to keep the discussion open! Thank you for being willing to try if I could explain it better!
Hi there. I think I understand what you need and would like to help.

Your discussion post was:

Then a classmate responded with:

And you need a response to what your classmate wrote, correct?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: 10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.