Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Suppose you were interested in the effects of therapy on depression. a.

Suppose you were interested in the effects of therapy on depression.
a. What would be your independent variable?
b. What would be your dependent variable?
c. How might you control extraneous variables

Hello, and thanks for the question.

a. The independent variable would be the chosen therapy (e.g.,cognitive-behavioral treatment) administered to the experimental group.

b. The dependent variable would be the level of clinical depression experienced by both groups, as measured/rated by behavioral observations, depression rating scales, etc.

c. Extraneous variables might be controlled by randomly assigning selected research members to either the control or the experimental group. This would assure more homogeneity between the groups as to biosocial factors such as age, sex, race, and clinical factors such as medication regimens and level of depression. Research would be designed so that members of neither group would realize if they were control or experimental subjects. In short, extraneous variables would sought to be evenly distributed between the groups, so as not become confounding variables that would biased the research results.

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

are you avaliable right now i have hw questions i like help with?

http://www.mediafire.com/?c6j5kq6ox05cmd5

HelloCustomer

When is your deadline for this exam?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
tonight is the deadline i posted this question 3 days ago even if you can get some done i just want to compare to my current answers to see if they are correct let me know no pressure please dont do anything you feel is not going to get done thanks for your concern

Okay, I'm working on one other assignment and then I'll answer your questions.

Thanks

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you so much now just to ask where there any questions that you where not sure about so i can be aware of any of the questions thank you Good Sir!

Double check #9 and #12. Let me know how you do.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks a bunch
You're welcome!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
have a great night send the accept button please

Thanks for the "accept." Glad to assist.