M. Kennedy
M. Kennedy, Advanced Degree
Experience:  Degree in Science, BA--Soc.Studies, 15 yrs. exp--Gov't work
5930486

1) Discuss the concept of consensus versus conflict and the

1) Discuss the concept of consensus versus conflict and the criminal justice system. 2) Discuss organization structure and its impact upon the Law Enforcement profession. Need at least 200 words per question.

I would be glad to help you with this. When do you need it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need it by Sunday night.

Thanks.
I'll have it for you.

Conflict and consensus

If you need more than this, or something different, please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I didn't receive the answer to the 2nd question. Please check my original post.

Thanks
I sort of combined them. But could you explain just a bit about it? The organizational structure of what?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The organizational structure of the criminal justice system and how it relates to law enforcement. This would include the proccess of how incidents are handled.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here's an example:

An organization structure with strong administration has strong law enforcement and police officers enforcing the law. Every police department is managed by a chief of police and from there is organized into five bureaus. These five bureaus are the Administrative Services Bureau, Special Services Bureau, Patrol Bureau, Homeland Security and Investigations Bureau, Support Services Bureau. Depending on the department there could be additional units as well. Each bureau is divided into smaller divisions to operate each bureau. The Administrative Service Bureau has a personnel and development department, financial and contract management, police technology and technical support, planning and crime analysis, inspections, and equipment services. Special Services Bureau consists of Narcotics Division, general investigations, and youth and family support. The Patrol Bureau is the patrol officers. Homeland Security and Investigations Bureau are broke up into specific categories depending on the crime involved. The Support Services Bureau is divided by specific job functions and duties as well. There are two concepts widely accepted in criminal justice. These two concepts or models are consensus and conflict. Consensus model is a criminal justice perspective that assumes that the system’s sub-components work together harmoniously to achieve the social product we call justice. In theory, society reaches a consensus view on whether certain acts or behavior are harmful. In cases where there is agreement, the criminal justice system may be extended to treat those matters as crimes. Conversely, when society has evidence that it is no longer at risk from such acts or behavior, they may be decriminalized. Conflict model is a criminal justice perspective that assumes that the system’s sub-components function primarily to serve their own interests. Justice is a product of conflicts among agencies within the system than it is the result of cooperation among component agencies. System conflict theory argues that worries over fame, promotions, wages, and success cause the criminal justice system to conflict with itself.

That is sort of what my answer was that I already posted. I am preparing a condensed version of the cj system from the prospective of the law enforcement.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.