Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.

Hi Business Tutor. I can use your assistance with a quiz today

Hi Business Tutor. I can use your assistance with a quiz today or tommorow. 12 hour deadline. What day/time works good for you?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 2 years ago.

Hi sam

Please post the questions as soon as you see this :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. Ted purchased a home. To finance the purchase, he borrowed $140,000 from ABC Bank, pledging the home as collateral for the loan. Shortly after purchasing the home, Ted lost his job. He could not find another job and could not pay the mortgage each month. Ted set fire to the home. The claims adjuster suspected arson, and an investigation proved that Ted intentionally caused the loss. Under the mortgage clause of the Homeowners 3 policy, how will this loss be settled? (Points : 1)
The insurer will pay ABC the value of its insurable interest and pay Ted the value of his insurable interest.
The insurer will pay Ted the actual cash value of the loss as intentional loss is not excluded.
The insurer will pay ABC the value of its insurable interest and then attempt to recoup the loss payment from Ted.
The insurer has no liability because the loss was intentional.

2. Which of the following statements is (are) true regarding renters insurance?
I. Renters insurance is needed if you rent a house, but is not needed if you rent an apartment.
II. The ISO renter's policy provides "all-risks" coverage on the insured's personal property. (Points : 1)
I only
II only
both I and II
neither I nor II

3. Which of the following statements about the personal property coverage (Coverage C) of the Homeowners 3 policy is (are) true?
I. The coverage applies only in the United States and Canada.
II. The full amount of coverage applies only if the property is permanently located at any residence of the insured. (Points : 1)
I only
II only
both I and II
neither I nor II

4. Which of the following statements about the payment of defense costs by the PAP is (are) true?
I. They are paid in addition to the policy limits.
II. They are payable even after the limit of liability is exhausted. (Points : 1)
I only
II only
both I and II
neither I nor II

5. Which of the following statements about the Personal Articles Floater is (are) true?
I. It is designed to cover several classes of personal property.
II. Coverage is written on an "open perils" (all-risks) basis. (Points : 1)
I only
II only
both I and II
neither I nor II

6. Which of the following persons is (are) insured under the uninsured motorists coverage of the PAP?
I. A pedestrian struck by a covered auto if he or she has no insurance to pay medical expenses
II. The spouse of a named insured who is killed by an uninsured motorist (Points : 1)
I only
II only
both I and II
neither I nor II

7. Which of the following statements about the eligibility requirements for insuring mobile homes by endorsing a homeowners policy is (are) true?
I. The mobile home must be designed for year-round living.
II. The mobile home must be located in a fenced area with security guards. (Points : 1)
I only
II only
both I and II
neither I nor II

8. Which of the following losses to a dwelling would be covered under an unendorsed Homeowners 3 policy? (Points : 1)
damage to a floor caused by water backing up through a sewer pipe
smoke damage resulting from agricultural operations of a neighboring farmer
damage to the structure caused by the weight of heavy snow
damage to the structure caused by a flash flood

9. Tina purchased a personal umbrella policy with a $1 million limit. Her insurer required her to carry liability limits of 250/500/50 under her auto insurance policy. The personal umbrella policy was written with a $1,000 self-insured retention. Tina was responsible for an auto accident in which the other driver was severely injured. The other driver's bodily injuries were $400,000 and the property damage was $20,000. How much will the insurer pay under Tina's umbrella policy? (Points : 1)
nothing
$170,000
$150,000
$149,000

10. All of the following are considered to be uninsured vehicles for purposes of the uninsured motorists coverage of the PAP EXCEPT (Points : 1)
a hit-and-run vehicle, the ownership of which cannot be determined.
a vehicle insured by a company which becomes insolvent before a claim can be paid.
a vehicle owned by an individual who purchased enough enough liability insurance to satisfy the state's financial responsibility law.
a vehicle owned by an individual who is insured, but for less than the amount required by the state's financial responsibility law.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience: More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.