DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students

Please help Due on 03/15/12 thursday Review -----

Please help

Due on 03/15/12 thursday

Review ----- university mission for social change, Next, write a 2- to 3-page paper reflecting on your practicum experience to date. Include the following in your paper:

Even though this paper is a “reflection piece,” it should still be written/presented in a scholarly and professional manner, this includes the use of formatting according to APA 6th edition guidelines.

Additionally, here are a few other recommendations to consider: (1) limit the use of the word “I”—it’s not necessary to include it in every sentence and (2) to create a more organized paper, utilize section headings that are in alignment with the FOUR bullet points/topic questions listed in the assignment criteria area.

1) How has your practicum experience embraced or failed to embrace this mission of social change?

2) Describe how you were able to apply ideas, strategies, and actions to promote the health of the community. Include in your description the role ethics played in your practicum experience.

3) If you were not able to further -----University mission of social change, what was lacking from the opportunity?

4) What future opportunities do you see for the agency and for you to make worthwhile social change in the arena of public health?

REFERENCE:Mission Social Change below:

---- University defines positive social change as a deliberate process of creating and applying ideas, strategies, and actions to promote the worth, dignity, and development of individuals, communities, organizations, institutions, cultures, and societies. Positive social change results in the improvement of human and social conditions.

This definition of positive social change provides an intellectually comprehensive and socially constructive foundation for the programs, research, professional activities, and products created by the ---- academic community.

In addition, ----- university supports positive social change through the development of principled, knowledgeable, and ethical scholar-practitioners, who are and will become civic and professional role models by advancing the betterment of society.

Hoffman, B. (2008). Health care reform and social movements in the United States. American Journal of Public Health, 98, S69–S79.

Thomas, J., Sage, M., Dillenberg, J., & Guillory, V. J. (2002). A code of ethics for public health. American Journal of Public Health, 92(7), 1057–1059.

Woolf, S., Johnson, R., Phillips Jr., R., & Philipsen, M. (2007). Giving everyone the health of the educated: An examination of whether social change would save more lives than medical advances. American Journal of Public Health, 97(4), 679–683.
Use the Walden Library Academic Search Premier database, and search using the article's Accession Number: 24657014

A Code of Ethics for Public Health

Principles of the Ethical Practice of Public Health
Category: Homework
Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 4 years ago.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hi! Thanks for your request! I can help! DXJ

Hi Dxj do you the 6th edition APA manual?

i'm asking because this professor is very serious about the format

DXJAnswerMagic :

No, but I can access Owl Purdue

DXJAnswerMagic :

That's what I ues when in doubt.

she took off points on the last two big papers you helped me with

ok good thanks

DXJAnswerMagic :

Oh? Sorry about that. I have found that some professors also have their own ideas and acceptations about citations:-) Believe me!

DXJAnswerMagic :

They can say APA and then think they want something in between Chicago and APA or APA and Harvard:-)

DXJAnswerMagic :

Sometimes, it gets crazy!

DXJAnswerMagic :

I'll check it against OWL Purdue.

DXJAnswerMagic :

However, you might want to check it against your Prof's preferences based on those papers.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Does that help?

DXJAnswerMagic :

DXJAnswerMagic :

I had to reread all of the practicum papers to do this:-)

DXJAnswerMagic :

Your answers are here

DXJAnswerMagic :

They should open in a new window.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Also, add your title page and Running head:-)

DXJAnswerMagic :

For all things APA check this site

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hope this helps! DXJ