Neo
Neo, Tutor
Experience:  BS Accounting
4224391

HI NEO, Please I need help on these homework. Due Thursday

HI NEO,
Please I need help on these homework. Due Thursday 15, 2012. I will appreciate your quick response. Thanks,
E8-11 Allied Company’s Small Motor Division manufactures a number of small motors used in household and office appliances. The Household Division of Allied then assembles and packages such items as blenders and juicers. Both divisions are free to buy and sell any of their components internally or externally. The following costs relate to small motor LN233 on a per unit basis.

Fixed cost per unit $ 5
Variable cost per unit 8
Selling price per unit 30

Instructions
(a) Assuming that the Small Motor Division has excess capacity, compute the minimum acceptable price for the transfer of small motor LN233 to the Household Division.
(b) Assuming that the Small Motor Division does not have excess capacity, compute the minimum acceptable price for the transfer of the small motor to the Household Division.
(c) Explain why the level of capacity in the Small Motor Division has an effect on the transfer price.

BE9-6 For Savage Inc. variable manufacturing overhead costs are expected to be $20,000 in the first quarter of 2005 with $2,000 increments in each of the remaining three quarters. Fixed overhead costs are estimated to be $35,000 in each quarter. Prepare the manufacturing overhead budget by quarters and in total for the year.

BE9-8 Stoker Company has completed all of its operating budgets. The sales budget for the year shows 50,000 units and total sales of $2,000,000. The total unit cost of making one unit of sales is $24. Selling and administrative expenses are expected to be $300,000. Income taxes are estimated to be $150,000. Prepare a budgeted income statement for the year ending December 31, 2005.

Q. 11-2. (a) Explain the similarities and differences between standards and budgets.
(b) Contrast the accounting for standards and budgets.

Q. 11-11. In the direct labor variance matrix, there are three factors: (1) Actual hours × Actual rate, (2) Actual hours × Standard rate, and (3) Standard hours × Standard rate. Using the numbers, indicate the formulas for each of the direct labor variances.

E11-6 The following direct materials and direct labor data pertain to the operations of Batista Manufacturing Company for the month of August.

Costs Quantities
Actual labor rate $13 per hour Actual hours incurred
and used 4,250 hours
Actual materials price $128 per ton Actual quantity of
materials purchased
and used 1,250 tons
Standard labor rate $12 per hour Standard hours used 4,300 hours
Standard materials price $130 per ton Standard quantity of
materials used 1,200 tons

Instructions
(a) Compute the total, price, and quantity variances for materials and labor.
(b) Provide two possible explanations for each of the unfavorable variances calculated above, and suggest where responsibility for the unfavorable result might be placed.

P11-4A Crede Manufacturing Company uses a standard cost accounting system. In 2005, 33,000 units were produced. Each unit took several pounds of direct materials and 11⁄3 standard hours of direct labor at a standard hourly rate of $12.00. Normal capacity was 42,000 direct labor hours. During the year, 132,000 pounds of raw materials were purchased at $0.90 per pound. All pounds purchased were used during the year.

Instructions
(a) If the materials price variance was $3,960 unfavorable, what was the standard materials price per pound?
(b) If the materials quantity variance was $2,871 favorable, what was the standard materials quantity per unit?
(c) What were the standard hours allowed for the units produced?
(d) If the labor quantity variance was $8,400 unfavorable, what were the actual direct labor hours worked?
(e) If the labor price variance was $4,470 favorable, what was the actual rate per hour?
(f) If total budgeted manufacturing overhead was $327,600 at normal capacity, what was the predetermined overhead rate per direct labor hour?
(g) What was the standard cost per unit of product?
(h) How much overhead was applied to production during the year?
(i) If the standard fixed overhead rate was $2.50, what was the overhead volume variance?
(j) If the overhead controllable variance was $3,000 favorable, what were the total variable overhead costs incurred? (Assume that the overhead controllable variance relates only to variable costs.)
(k) Using selected answers above, what were the total costs assigned to work in process?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.
Good day!

Got it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi NEO,

Still expecting your response. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a Good day.

Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.

When is your deadline?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As earlier stated in the questions, the due date is Thursday March 15, 2012, 10 pm eastern zone time.

Thanks,

Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.

Ok. I may be able to post the answers tomorrow early morning.

Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Neo, Tutor
Experience: BS Accounting