M Hasan
M Hasan, Teacher
Experience:  BA (Hons) in Mathematics from Oxford University
30103992

Question 1 Danielle, the CEO of a large corporation treats

Question 1
Danielle, the CEO of a large corporation treats the employees very well, as they have very good wages and benefits, open lines of communications, self-managed, and an organizational culture of inclusion and diversity. They are treated with dignity and respect. Danielle's primary motivation for such good treatment is to have a happy and contented workforce, a more loyal and productive workforce, less turnover problems, and no union, since as the company does well, so will Danielle, as she will gain an enhanced reputation as a corporate executive and a greatly increased salary, compensation, and bonus "package." Danielle can best be described as acting ethically how?

a.Morally pursuant to Ethical Egoism.
b.Morally pursuant to Corporate Social Responsibility.
c.Immorally since she has a selfish attitude.
d.Immorally since she probably has an anti-union animus in violation of the National Labor Relations Act.

Question 2
Which of the following corporate governance reform strategies, if adopted, would be LEAST LIKELY to decrease the amount of immoral and "irresponsible" corporate behavior?

a.Requiring the study of business ethics and applied business ethics in business schools and corporate training

b.Increasing the amount of legal regulation of business and imposing stronger penalties for violations

c.Increasing shareholder power to approve executives' compensation packages

d.Reducing the amount of government regulation of business since market forces invariably will operate to deter corporate misconduct.

Question 3
Edward Executive makes $100,000 a year. Ned Newguy, a recent business school graduate, is willing to do Ed's job for $55,000. Ed has been with the company for 30 years. In a cost-saving move, the company fires Ed and replaces him with the younger and cheaper Ned Newguy. This action could be

a.Illegal
b.Immoral pursuant to Kantian ethics
c.Moral pursuant to Ethical Egoism
d.All of the above.

Question 4
A problem with the Last Resort principle when applied to business is:

a.Does business have the capability to help and to aid the community and local charities?
b.Is business the last real alternative to help and to aid the community and local charities?:
c.Are there potential legal liability issues for helping, aiding, and rescuing?
d.All of the above.

Question 5
First Financial Corporation provides other firms with capital to expand operations. Questions of what is moral behavior involve the extent to which First Financial has

a.A legal duty beyond those duties mandated by ethics
b.An ethical duty beyond those mandated by the law
c.A social responsibility duty beyond those mandated by both the law and ethics
d.Any duty when it is uncertain whether a legal duty exists.

Question 6
Zapco is a small company of 14 employees that makes fireworks. The company contributes to local charities and sponsors a youth sports team. Federal safety regulations require that large firecrackers have two dividing walls inside, so that all their gunpowder does not explode at once. Zapco is unaware of the regulations, and includes only one dividing wall in each of its large firecrackers. Little Timmy lights a Zapco firecracker, and before he can throw it, it explodes and seriously injures him. At the trial, it is established that a second dividing wall would have prevented the harm. Zapco is best described as

a.Not morally responsible since they are good corporate citizens in the local community

b.Not morally responsible since they were unaware of the regulations and they were just a small company

c.Not legally responsible because their company employs under 15 people and they were unaware of the regulations

d.None of the above.
Category: Homework
Expert:  M Hasan replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
M Hasan, Teacher
Experience: BA (Hons) in Mathematics from Oxford University