Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. (Points: 5) True or False? According to Cooper, Heron

1.
(Points: 5)
True or False? According to Cooper, Heron and Heward (2007) if practitioners do NOT take frequent measurements of behavior within targeted interventions, there are two possible judgment errors that can occur: effective programs are discontinued, because measurement has failed to detect improvements, or ineffective interventions are continued, because it is unclear whether the individual is improving.

True False

Save Answer

2.
(Points: 5)
Which type of recording involves simply tallying the number of discrete behaviors?

a. Duration

b. Latency

c. Rate

d. Count

Save Answer

3.
(Points: 5)
Which behavioral measure shows the changes in the rate of responding over successive counting periods?

a. Frequency

b. Percentage

c. Celeration

d. Trials-to-criterion

Save Answer

4.
(Points: 5)
Fill in the blanks [2 words]. ________ ________ is the amount of time that elapses between two consecutive instances of a response class.

1.

Save Answer

5.
(Points: 5)
What type of measure are PERCENTAGE and TRIALS-TO-CRITERION?

a. Temporal extent measures

b. Definitional measures

c. Rate measures

d. Derivative measures

Save Answer

6.
(Points: 5)
True or false? We are measuring the magnitude of a behavior if we are measuring the physical form or shape of a behavior.

True False

Save Answer

7.
(Points: 5)
Select ALL that apply. Which of the following behaviors can accurately be measured based on their MAGNITUDE?

a. Speech or vocalization that is considered too loud or too soft.

b. Amount of quiet behaviors by students in a library.

c. Number of fish caught on stormy days versus sunny days.

d. Way in which a student finger-spells 3-letter words.

Save Answer

8.
(Points: 5)
Data were taken on the number of times Ronnie answered 88 study questions correctly during a total of 100 opportunities. If we want to state Ronnie’s PERCENTAGE of correct behavior, we would say…

a. He accelerated his correct responding by 88%

b. He answered correctly 88% of the time

c. He responded correctly 22% of the time

d. In 88 out of 100 trials, he answered correctly

Save Answer

9.
(Points: 5)
Select ALL that apply. Which of the following are guidelines to help practitioners gather, describe, and interpret COUNT and RATE data most appropriately?

a. Always include the duration of the observation time (e.g., 6 correct responses over 1-minute)

b. Calculate correct and incorrect rates of a response class when assessing skill development.

c. Use percentage of responding to measure free operants.

d. Use rate to accurately measure continuous behaviors that occur over extended periods of time.

Save Answer

10.
(Points: 5)
Fill in the blanks (2 words). The term ___________ ___________ refers to behaviors that have discrete beginning and ending points, can be emitted any time, do not require much time for completion, and can be emitted over a wide range of response rates.

1.

Save Answer

11.
(Points: 5)
Select ALL that apply. Behavior researchers and practitioners commonly use which type(s) of DURATION measures?

a. Total duration per session (or observation period)

b. Rate of responding per opportunity

c. Duration per occurrence

d. Duration of respondent behavior

Save Answer

12.
(Points: 5)
What kind of measure is being used in this example: We take data on the number of practice sheets it takes a student to complete correctly a total of 10 geometry problems on a single sheet of paper, given 5 minutes per sheet. She is not yet able to do this, so we need to measure progress toward this end goal.

a. Response latency

b. Trials-to-criterion

c. Interresponse time

d. Rate of response

Save Answer

13.
(Points: 5)
Fill in the Blank. When the length of time an individual engages in a behavior is of interest, Fill in the Blank 01 recording should be used.

Save Answer

14.
(Points: 5)
The measurement of elapsed time between the onset of a stimulus and the occurrence of the target behavior is called:

a. Duration recording

b. Trials-to-criterion

c. Latency recording

d. Rate

Save Answer

15.
(Points: 5)
Andrew is a 17-year-old adolescent with autism who you have hired to help you unload boxes at the neighborhood grocery store. Once Andrew begins working, you are quite pleased with his performance. However, it often seems like it takes Andrew a while to begin his work. You would like to take data on the amount of time it takes Andrew to begin unloading the boxes from the time you ask him to begin. Which observational recording method should you use?

a. Duration

b. Trials-to-criterion

c. Frequency recording

d. Latency recording

Save Answer

16.
(Points: 5)
True or False? According to Johnson and Pennypacker (1993), “Temporal extent is the process of assigning numbers and units to particular features of objects or events.”

True False
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)