Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. (Points: 5) Which type of recording should be used if

1.
(Points: 5)
Which type of recording should be used if we wanted to measure the length of time that Sean engages in continuous self stimulatory behavior?

a. Interval recording

b. Duration recording

c. Latency recording

d. Frequency recoding

Save Answer

2.
(Points: 5)
Fill in the Blank. A fire alarm is set off in a small office to see how long it takes each person to start to leave. The measurement of elapsed time between the setting off of the alarm and the onset of each person’s behavior of getting up to leave is called Fill in the Blank 01 recording

Save Answer

3.
(Points: 5)
True or False? Measuring the frequency of behavior is the same as measuring the rate of behavior.

True False

Save Answer

4.
(Points: 5)
Fill in the blank. Fill in the Blank 01 is a measure of how rates of responding change over successive counting periods.

Save Answer

5.
(Points: 5)
Danny is learning to memorize multiplication tables. As a way of learning this, he is presented with flashcards that show a multiplication problem (e.g., 6 x 7 = ?) on each. Which of the following is an appropriate measurement for measuring Danny’s rate of responding from one flashcard to the next (i.e., the time between his responses of “42” and “12” for the cards asking for 6x7 and 3x4, respectively)?

a. Response latency

b. Interresponse time

c. Duration

d. Trials-to-criterion

Save Answer

6.
(Points: 5)
Which of the following measures is considered a derivative measure?

a. Percentage

b. Response latency

c. Rate

d. Celeration

Save Answer

7.
(Points: 5)
What behavioral dimension is being evaluated if we measure Emily’s accuracy of correctly signing the word “milk” in response to being taught to sign for “milk” when she wants milk?

a. Magnitude

b. Repeatability

c. Complexity

d. Topography

Save Answer

8.
(Points: 5)
Sally has trouble writing dark enough onto the paper making it difficult to read her writing. As a treatment, she is taught to push the pencil tip harder onto the paper as she writes so the writing can be seen. Which of the following measures would be appropriate for evaluating the change in darkness when Sally writes?

a. Magnitude

b. Topography

c. Interresponse time

d. Derivative measure

Save Answer

9.
(Points: 5)
If we simply want to measure how many times a student raises his hand in class, what measure would we use?

a. Latency

b. Count

c. Duration

d. Percentage

Save Answer

10.
(Points: 5)
Which of the following is NOT one of the six rules and guidelines that help researchers and practitioners obtain, describe, and interpret count and rate data most appropriately?

a. Always reference the duration of the time counting took place (e.g., 3 out of 5 opportunities)

b. Calculate both correct and incorrect rates of response when assessing skill development.

c. Take into account the varied complexity of responses, such as the number of steps that were completed in a correct sequence when calculating an algebra problem.

d. Calculate rates of responding within discrete trials to clearly show how the antecedent stimulus demonstrates stimulus-control over a response.

Save Answer

11.
(Points: 5)
Select ALL that apply. FREE OPERANT refers to behaviors that:

a. have discrete beginning and ending points

b. require minimal displacement of the organism in time and space

c. can be emitted at nearly any time

d. requires substantial time for completion

e. can be emitted over a small but controlled range of response rates

Save Answer

12.
(Points: 5)
True or False? When a practitioner takes frequent measures of behavior over the course of a prescribed treatment to better understand the course of treatment, the practitioner is conducting a SUMMATIVE EVALUATION.

True False

Save Answer

13.
(Points: 5)
You are concerned with the amount of time Jamal spends playing video games. It goes on for extended periods of time, so you decide to collect data over a one-week period. You want a precise measure. Which observational recording method would be best suited to measuring this behavior?

a. Trials-to-criterion

b. Latency recording

c. Interresponse time

d. Duration recording

Save Answer

14.
(Points: 5)
True or False? During total duration recording, the stopwatch is reset after each behavioral episode.

True False

Save Answer

15.
(Points: 5)
Kelly, a student with autism, attends your inclusive second grade class. She works independently to complete academic tasks, once she gets going. The problem is that it takes her forever to begin them! You would like to collect data on the amount of time it takes Kelly to begin her work once you initiate the task, “Please begin your work.” What observational recording method would you use?

a. Frequency

b. Trials-to-criterion

c. Latency recording

d. Duration recording

Save Answer

16.
(Points: 5)
Fill in the blank. According to
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)