I. INTRODUCTION – Wireless electricity will change the world by freeing humanity from the fears of fuel shortages and cause connectivity between diverse societies.
II. BODY - Psychological and Sociological Effects of Wireless Electricity on Humanity
A. Psychological Effects
1. Accepted for cleaner source of fuel
2. Rejected because it’s new in the market
3. Favored because it’s accessible to
4. Feared because it challenges the energy giant (electric companies)
5. Change will be painful and gradual
6. Advertisements based on freedom of electronic device placement within the home or
office, no more being chained to the outlet. Plus no more fears of high electricity costs.
7. Peace of mind would be increased, one less necessity to worry about.
8. Humans would be naturally skeptical about the range of functionality concerning this
new technology. For example this technology is limited by line of sight, anything
outside that parameter would not be powered up unless moved.
9. The human will either run scenarios about all that could go wrong or of everything that
could go right.
10. The electricity companies will be left behind along with their loyal customers.
Change waits for no one and those who don’t learn fast and accept willingly are
11. Wireless electricity permeates Maslow’s physiological and safety needs. This type of
energy can keep people warm and provide fuel for cooking. It can also keep them
safe by powering their home security systems.
B. Sociological Effects
1. Consumerism encourages the customer to buy-buy-buy, in this situation it may
encourage customers to look elsewhere.
2. Those involved with the stock market and those who own/operate the electricity
companies would advocate blocking the use of this new technology because they can’t
control it or compete with it.
3. Society becomes physically disconnected while virtual connects are established, cyber
over flesh and blood.
4. Society must change with the technology because holding to the past would be costly
and time consuming.
5. Wireless electricity would put the majority of humanity on a level playing field. You
won’t need already established electricity to run your electronic devices the power
will be supplied to you.
6. The youth will embrace wireless electricity as a means to escape our world of energy
bondage, the older generation may not accept it and cling the energy bondage. What’s
familiar to you is safer than trying something new and better.
7. Relationships would change on a national scale because the balance of power would be
tipped concerning fuels and energy consumption. Example the Middle East will no
longer be top dog with the oil but rather second fiddle.
8. Certain crimes would become more visible, healthcare would become more risky and education in the benefits and detriments of this technology will increase.
Society has many different parts but they all function together to make a single entity. This entity requires ease of use, bargains, benefits and quality. Energy has kept humanity a slave to foreign countries like the Middle Eastern nations and also to those who are in control in the United States. The introduction of wireless electricity breaks those relationships of dependency where one party was subservient to the other. Now both sides can stand as equals on the playing field. This new technology does have its limitations including being new and line of sight; however the potential benefits outweigh them. At the rate that technology is advancing it will be no surprise that the current limitations will have solutions within the next 2 to 3 years