BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer

Unit 5 - Assignment 2 Assignment Type: Discussion

Unit 5 - Assignment 2

Assignment Type:

Discussion Board

Deliverable Length:

3–4 paragraphs

Points Possible:

Due Date:

3/11/2012 11:59:59 PM

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.

At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.

The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each week.

How can better understanding our collective cultural heritage and shared humanity across time and geographic place help us to be better stewards of a global future? What role or roles do you believe understanding cultural differences across time and throughout the world plays outside academia, if any? Support your response with specific examples or details.
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
You bet! Thanks for the REQUEST! BMW
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you still going to help me.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry... I read that it was due 3/11. My mistake. I took it easy today because I have a bad cold... Can I work on this tomorrow please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need this today it was due on wed she will deduct 10%.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
My nephew passed away unexpectedly this morning, and I am at my brother's house with his other kids. I am going to try to work on this here for you but he doesn't have Word on his computer. Let me see what I can do. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am so sorry about your nephew but thanks

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
I'm taking the kids to lunch now. I have one para done and will send the rest after lunch. Thanks
Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
Here is your answer. Thanks!
Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
Here is your answer. Thanks!
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"Global civilization could never be anything other than the coalition at global levels of cultures, each of them retaining its originality" (Claude Lévi-Strauss)

Collective Cultural Heritage

When cultural heritage is discussed, it is understood that what is inherited from previous generations is that culture's legacy. Often legacies are identified and preserved because they identify who a people are. Cultural heritage can be identified as artifacts, archaeological sites, buildings, graves, monuments, and significant landscapes. Other objects that identify cultural heritage are ceremonies, music, arts and crafts, beliefs, traditions and customs. Most governments recognized the importance for communities to preserve and to celebrate their heritages and these governments have passed laws to protect them as "cultural resources" ("What is cultural," 2010).

When contemplating the past, present and future, it is important to understand that all three of these perspectives need to be focused on at the same time and that the appreciation of cultural heritage reaches beyond popular expressions and stays viable for future generations. President Lyndon B. Johnson declared, while signing the National Foundation on the Arts and Humanities Act of 1965", ... it is in our works of art that we reveal to ourselves, and to others, the inner vision which guides us as a nation and where there is no vision, the people perish" (Larson, 1997).

Communication and active participation are key to generating participation from different cultural groups. This train of thought can help societies deal with multiculturalism by enabling an atmosphere which helps to build confidence within a diverse community. National government policies should avoid not integrating cultural identities and they should also avoid forcing the acceptance of a specific cultural identity. Governmental policies should promote cultural understanding and tolerance in an attempt build common bonds of respect from multiple identities that may reside within a community (Helms, 2006).

Michèle Garzon poetically explains that to promote shared humanity, we have to acknowledge and promote cultural pluralism. He goes on to explain that diversity is nonexistent without culture; there can be no diversity without cultural depth and that without diversity there would only be multiplicity. For diversity to work, there must be unity and an understanding of the whole of what cultural differences entail. Culture is diversity, infinite in its distinctions and nuances; a return to everything that exists to make it both new and the same. Garzon reminds us that it is the men and the women that make a civilization, its culture and its spirit (Garzon, 2002).

Garzon, M. (2002). Cultural diversity: common heritage, plural identities. Retrieved from

Helms, M. (2006). International cultural differences. Retrieved from

Larson, G. (1997). Transmitting our cultural legacy. Retrieved from

What is cultural heritage?. (2010). Retrieved from

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
Is this for the peer response? If so, tomorrow morning it is, ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.