Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor

How forensic psychologists use statistics and probabilities

Customer Question

How does a forensic psychologist use statistics and probabilities in their line of work? Can you give an example of that as well as an example of cluster sampling analysis that a forensic psychologist would use and how they would use it?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Susan Athena replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Thanks for your question. Can you tell me what kind of answer you need? How long should it be, and do you need references?

Also, what's your deadline, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Susan:

My deadline is tomorrow. If you have an additional reference, that would be great. If not, I'm using A Survey of Mathematics with Applications, 8th Edition, Angel, A. (2009).

I'm suppose to explain in a three-page powerpoint:

In forensic psychology, give a brief overview of how math concept (or concepts) are used in that chosen field. For example, statistics and probability, cluster/stratified sampling; histogram/polygrams, etc. I need to give detail, with emphasis on describing "how" the concept can be applied to forensic psychology, as well as describing how it would be used - actively discussing the example.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you're able to help me.

Thank you and God bless.

OK, I'm not really sure .... I think I should opt out and let another expert assist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for trying anyway. God bless you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excuse me, did you opt out?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer. Please find another expert, as the other one stated she could not help me. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer. The previous expert said she did not know how to help me, and was going to opt out, but I don't think she did, so here I am ... still without an answer.

Please help me!

Thank you.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your reply. Your previous Expert did opt out. This is just a note to let you know that sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Josie:

I believe an expert in math would be able to help me.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
Excuse do you still need help with this assignment? I'm not a math expert but I think I can help you. If you would prefer a math expert please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I absolutely do still need help. This is the homework question:

Chris, can you help me, please?

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

My apologies for my late response. Yes, I can help you. When is the final day and time to turn in this assignment? How many pages or words are required? How many refs required? APA? Is there additional information to complete?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's actually due tomorrow.

I need three pages of powerpoints. I need to introduce my chosen profession - forensic psychology - and give a brief overview of the math concept (or concepts) I will apply to the profession. Then I need to go into more detail, and describe how the concept can apply to my chosen profession. I don't have to necessarily do the math. I have to make sure I offer an example or examples of situations in which I woul use the conept I have chosen, providing detail, and actively discuss my example.

Can you please choose an example that could be replicated in another way so that I don't get hit with plagerism.

Thank you and God bless.

Ms. Kali

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's actually due tomorrow.

Thank you and God bless.

Ms. Kali

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
Can you please tell me how many powerpoints you need because the number varies from page to page? Is it 12, 15, please let me know as soon as possible? Also, what is the latest time tomorrow that you can turn in the assignment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need 3-4 slides - due tonight, Friday, 3/9/12 by 11 CST.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I'm on it. Is there a speaker note max like 200 words?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chris, can I have your personal email? I will send you what I have, and perhaps you could look at it and see if it's correct. I will absolutely pay you. I'd do it now, except it will close out the question.

Thank you and God bless.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

The forum does not allow personal informatino to be displayed, however, you can go to Box.net. It's a free strorage site, upload your current work and then send me the link. I'll review the information through the link and then get back with you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid if I post it on the internet somewhere, they will consider it plagerism - against myself. that happened last quarter.

I guess just send me what you can do, perhaps by maybe 6pm, so I can have time to edit and send it in by 11 CST.

Thank you so much for helping me. :0) God bless you.

Ms. Kali

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

Here's the assignment: http://www.box.com/s/neanpjyy312c4af9b5cp

If you need help again just let me know. Have a good weekend.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for you help, however, those answers would be too general.

I need detailed examples of statistics and probability and cluster/stratified sampling, as well as explanations of how it's used and applied in the field of forensic psychology.

Can you elaborate any for me?

Thank you.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome. I provided a detailed example for the cluster and stratified sampling from a case study based in forensic psychology. I can go back and look for another one linked with statistics and probability.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

I've revised the powerpoint by including information concerning forensic psychology and statistics and probability.

http://www.box.com/s/r6f9ar9sxktalg9tsp40

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Chris:

I clicked on the above link, but there are no examples shown. I even downloaded it, with no examples. Did you give me the correct link?

Ms. Kali.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

The examples are listed within the speaker notes. I did not find physical charts and graphs. Did you look there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry, Chris, where are the speaker notes located? I'm unfamiliar this website. I'm so sorry.

Thanks again.

Ms. Kali

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
It's okay. When you open up powerpoint go to the bottom of the screen. You will see a small rectangle of white space. The speaker notes are located there. If you move your mouse over the area you can drag and expand the window to read more information. The powerpoint slide itself will become smaller.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chris, I did open the powerpoint and went to the bottom of the screen. There were actually two small rectangles of white space. One made the letters on the screen become larger, and the other made the information on the screen go from left to right. Can you please just copy and paste them on the page so I can see them. I'm so sorry to bother you; I just can't figure this out and it's taking a considerable amount of time.

Thanking you in advance. God bless.

Ms. Kali

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh, Chris, you did a delightful and very knowledgeable job. Thank you so very much, and for being patient with me.

God bless you.

Ms. Kali

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, if you need help again please let me know. Have a great weekend.