DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

Lesson 5 Worksheet Instructions Print the worksheet and

Lesson 5 Worksheet

Instructions
Print the worksheet and complete on your own using notes and text. Then return to the assessments area to submit your answers before the friday due date/time.

1) Multiple Choice
Which of the following contrasts is not part of the concept of yin and yang?
A. negative and positive
B. moon and sun
C. female and male
D. truth and falsity

2) Multiple Choice
The _____ are beneficial spirits associated with lighted places, while _____ are evil spirits associated with dark, gloomy places.
A. Shen , Kuei
B. Shang, Ti
C. Shen, Feng Shui
D. Yang, Yin

3) Multiple Choice
The most influential Chinese text for diving the future is:
A. Tao Te Ching
B. Analects
C. I Ching
D. Restaurant Fortune Cookies

4) Multiple Choice
Which of the following would be most consistent with a Taoist perspective on life?
A. Training to be an honorable warrior.
B. Running for elected political office.
C. Imitating the playfulness and innocence of children.
D. Offering sacrifices to placate the Gods.

5) Multiple Choice
The influential foreign religion that entered a rivalry with Taoism in the first millennium C.E. was ___________.
A. Hinduism
B. Buddhism
C. Christianity
D. Islam

6) Multiple Choice
The Confucian philosopher Mencius:
A. radically changed the teachings of Confucius.
B. believed in the inherent wickedness of humans.
C. opposed any and all forms of government.
D. none of the above.

7) Multiple Choice
_______ added to the teachings of Confucius the notions that rituals are an important means of educating citizens and that people are basically evil.
A. Mo Tzu
B. Kung Fu-tzu
C. Hsun Tzu
D. Mencius

8) Multiple Choice
The Confucian concept of shu is best described as
A. do unto others as you would have them do unto you
B. don't do to others what you would not want them to do to you
C. whatever you sow, you will reap
D. eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth

9) Multiple Choice
The Confucian concept of ________ is translated as “love”, “goodness,” or “human-heartedness.”
A. Li
B. Tao
C. Jen
D. Fu

10) Multiple Choice
This traditional holiday celebrates the rise of yang energy in the world and includes a time to clean and redecorate family graves.
A. New Years
B. Pure and Bright
C. Dragon Boat
D. All Souls Day

11) Multiple Choice
This traditional holiday marks the temporary release of ancestors and spirits from the place of the dead
A. New Years
B. Pure and Bright
C. Dragon Boat Festival
D. All Souls Day

12) Multiple Choice
During the Cultural Revolution, ___ were repressed.
A. all religions
B. no religions
C. only native Chinese religions
D. only western religions

13) True/False
Overall Chinese history is characterized by religious warfare in which followers of Chinese folk religions persecuted, banished and/or killed people of other faiths.
A. True
B. False

14) True/False
Chinese who do not care for their ancestors with remembrances and offerings are disgraced and may, themselves, become wandering ghosts after death.
A. True
B. False

15) True/False
Rulers of the Chou Dynasty introduced into China the idea that a High God (Shang Ti) appointed rulers and held them accountable to His moral standards.
A. True
B. False

16) True/False
While Taoism began as a philosophy of life that rejected the worship of gods, later sects of Taoism developed an interested in gods that could aid in attaining immortality.
A. True
B. False

17) True/False
Confucius believed that the root of most evil in the world could be traced to the disrespect for social rank and hierarchy.
A. True
B. False

18) True/False
Confucius, who was known as a social philosopher that was unsympathetic to supernatural ideas, later (after the death of Confucius) was looked upon as a heavenly saint to whom prayers and sacrifices were offerred.
A. True
B. False

19) True/False
The Tao Tê Ching teaches that there is a personal High God who is unchanging and who will judge all people at the end of time.
A. True
B. False

20) True/False
Holidays that mark the return of yang energy are celebrated in late winter, and those that mark the return of yin energy are celebrated in summer.
A. True
B. False

21) Matching
Match the religion or sect with the description. [Confucianism, Taoism, Legalism, Mohists -- Choices may be used more than once]
A. This religion taught government ought to rule according to the values of traditional religion.
B. Han Dynasty favored this religion and based civil service exams on it.
C. Believed governments are beyond traditional norms of good and evil and should do whatever it takes to meet the basic needs of the majority.
D. Believed government that governs least governs best; large scale governm
Category: Homework
Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 2 years ago.

DXJAnswerMagic :

HI! When do you need this?

Customer:

Fridayish

DXJAnswerMagic :

Ah, before Friday?

DXJAnswerMagic :

Sorry, I have to copy everything from the window on the left into word, then reformat it:-)

DXJAnswerMagic :

Great! I can help.

DXJAnswerMagic :

I know most of these!

DXJAnswerMagic :

Are you using a specific book for these?

DXJAnswerMagic :

Or just the class notes?

Customer:

Hold on

DXJAnswerMagic :

Perfect! Thanks so much!!!!!!! I can help!

DXJAnswerMagic :

Did my answers to the other assignment help you understand it any better?

DXJAnswerMagic :

I hope, anyway:-)

Customer:

yes thank you!

Customer:

Does that help?

Customer:

Let look at the book real quick...

Customer:

• TITLE:RELIGIONS OF THE WORLD

• AUTHOR:Hopfe

DXJAnswerMagic :

Yes, it helps a lot! Any class notes always do!

DXJAnswerMagic :

Thanks so much!

Customer:

Did you gett reformatted questions I sent?

DXJAnswerMagic :

Got them! Much better! Thanks!

DXJAnswerMagic :

Should have it to you before then...........

Customer:

Thanks!!!

DXJAnswerMagic :

You're welcome!

Customer:

Why does it say closed next to my question?

DXJAnswerMagic :

I don't know........sometimes that happens in chat!

DXJAnswerMagic :

So sorry for any confusion! I can still respond and you can respond to me, so it's okay.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hi! Your answers are here

DXJAnswerMagic :

They should open in a new window.

DXJAnswerMagic :

This was really interesting to read in English.........I had to think about one or two of them because of translation issues.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hope this helps! DXJ

DXJAnswerMagic :

Please note: I highlighted the correct answers and put the correct term in BOLD in the matching section.
Thanks so much! DXJ

Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students