Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Which of the following is a true statement?Answer The

Which of the following is a true statement?
Answer

The Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution confers absolute rights on citizens of the U.S, not subject to interpretation by the U.S. Supreme Court, and not capable of being infringed on by government.

Political speech that would otherwise be protected by the U.S. Constitution’s First Amendment loses that protection if its source is a corporation.

The Federal Trade Commission is an example of an independent federal level regulatory agency in the United States.

Administrative rules and regulations are not binding like the laws of the U.S. Congress since the heads of administrative agencies are not elected.

A contract clause conditioned on the occurrence of an event may best be an example of
Answer

An express condition

A condition precedent

An implied condition

A covenant

Which is TRUE regarding the employment at-will doctrine in the United States?
Answer
a.
It can result in a legal but immoral discharge of an employee.
b.
It cannot be changed by a contract between the employer and the employee.
c.
It is operable in the U.S. and can result in a discharge without notice or cause or good cause but the employer based on federal law has to pay severance to the discharged employee based on the number of years he or she has worked for the firm.
d.
It supersedes and prevails over Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.

X offers to sell Y a computer. Y sends an acceptance via the mail. This acceptance is generally effective when it is
Answer

in transit.

received.

sent or dispatched.

written.

Countervailing Duties can be assessed on imports coming into the United States if:
Answer
a.
There is an unfair subsidy found in the creation of these products.
b.
The products are being "dumped" into the United States.
c.
A. and B.
d.
None of the above.

Jim orally promises to work for Pat, and Pat orally promises to employ Jim at a rate of $500 a week. This contract must be in writing to be enforceable if Jim promises to work for
Answer

at least five years.

five years but either party can terminate the contract on two weeks’ notice.

less than a year.

life.

Which of the following is not true?
Answer

The plaintiff s required level of proof to win a civil trial is greater than in a criminal trial.

The victim of a crime may be able to bring a civil lawsuit against the alleged criminal.

After a criminal defendant has been found not guilty, the victim may still bring a civil suit for damages against the same defendant if the victim has not already done so.

Procedural protections for defendants are greater in criminal cases than in civil cases.

Ron is a director of Standard Company. Ron has a right to
Answer

compensation.

first refusal.

participation.

preemption.

The United States has a common law legal system. Common law systems are based primarily on
Answer

administrative rules and regulations.

case law.

detailed codified law.

executive pronouncements.

As to all tort lawsuits:
Answer
a.
There must be a legal duty owed to the plaintiff by the defendant.
b.
There must be the intent to harm by the actor.
c.
There must be the showing of a defect.
d.
None of the above.

Answer

A partner cannot dissolve and disassociate from a partnership unless the other partners agree.

A general partner is personally and unlimitedly liable for partnership debts if the assets of the partnership are insufficient to pay its creditors.

A partner owes to the partnership but not the other partners a duty of loyalty and good faith.

Each partner has the right to sell any partnership property as if he or she was the exclusive owner thereof.

The significance of a "frolic and detour" is that:
Answer

It determines if an employee can be liable on a contract made on the employer's behalf.

It can determine if someone working for a business is an employee or independent contractor.

It can determine if an employer is liable for the negligence tort of an employee.

It can determine if an employee is liable for torts he commits on the job.

Which of the following is true regarding contracts?
Answer

A contract that is completely performed by all parties is called an executory contract.

A contract that has been completely performed by one party, but not the other, is called an executed contract.

A contract that has been performed by A but not by B is executory as to B and executed as to A.

To be enforceable, a contract must be executed.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting for an expert to answer these questions. Thanks
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)