David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications

Congratulations! You have recently been promoted to coordinate

Congratulations! You have recently been promoted to coordinate the design and installation of a new network at your company's satellite offices in Cleveland. The manager at this location (Kim) is a hands-on type of person, but possesses little technical knowledge of data communications. Kim has requested that you keep her updated along each step of the network's design and configuration process. She has also requested that you explain each of the available options, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each decision that you have made.

XXXXX XXXXX is the corporate manager of the Pittsburgh, PA office. Ken has control over the new Cleveland branch office on a corporate level. Even though Kim is the branch manager of the Pittsburgh office, she has to get final approval on all designs (especially in the area of technology) and purchases from Ken.

XXXXX XXXXX is the branch manager for the new Cleveland office and oversees all the designs (especially in the area of technology) and purchases for it. Even though XXXXX XXXXX gets the final approval for them, Kim is the person who everyone involved with the project either reports to or communicates with for answers. She is excited about her new position, but realizes that her technology knowledge is not up-to-par. In these cases, Kim relies on you, the network administrator from the corporate office, and your assistant network administrator, XXXXX XXXXX, in this process. Overall, this step consists of choosing what needs to be purchased for this WAN project, but what needs to be done must be interpreted to Kim at her technical level.

Cindy Won, the corporate procurement manager, and her assistants are in charge of purchasing the major components for the organization. In this case, Cindy and her staff will be in charge of purchasing all technical software and hardware components for the new WAN located in the Cleveland branch office.

XXXXX XXXXX is the assistant network administrator and works with you, the network adminstrator, out of the corporate office located in Pittsburgh. You and James will be working on the design of the new WAN infrastructure located in the Cleveland branch office. Duties also require you and James to help with the technical purchases of the WAN network. Purchases can include routers, switches, servers, and software.

After reviewing Chapter 7, provide Kim with a two-page detailed report on how you plan to start this project, and a complete explanation of the options available for assigning IP addresses. While Kim is a marketing genius, keep in mind that she is not a tech-savvy person. Be sure to explain this very clearly so Kim is not frustrated and lost during the first phase of this project.

After reading the instructions for this homework assignment, decide how you are going to start this project and what IP addresses would be appropriate for the Cleveland branch office.
Category: Homework
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

My name is David.

Is there a format requirement for the report?

Also, is there any additional IP scheme information that needs to be applied to this question?

By when does it need to be completed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For this week's lecture, several wide area network (WAN) devices will be explored and discussed. They will be integrated and utilized in a case study throughout the course. The WAN devices that will be studied this week include network address translation (NAT), Port Address Translation (PAT), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and IP addressing. After this week's lesson, everyone will find out how useful these technologies can be when utilized in a WAN network.

Please use these in your schemes in your discussion.
It needs to be APA format due by Sunday 4th 1100pm CST
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
So just to clarify, the paper needs to describe to "Kim" how network address translation (NAT), Port Address Translation (PAT), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and IP addressing options work relative to the scenario presented?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes provide Kim with a detailed report on the options available to assign IP addresses. Explain advantages and disadvantages of each.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just wondering what is the status of this paper?
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I will be posting it shortly.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
David L., Engineer
Experience: 20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications