judybailey52
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience:  20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring

1. Apart from financial need, there is only one requirement

1. Apart from financial need, there is only one requirement for the scholarship, a 3.8 GPA or above. (Points : 1)
Apart from financial need, there is only one requirement for the scholarship, a 3.8 GPA or above.
Apart from financial need, there is only one requirement for the scholarship; a 3.8 GPA or above.
Apart from financial need, there is only one requirement for the scholarship: a 3.8 GPA or above.
Apart from financial need, there is only one requirement for the scholarship a 3.8 GPA.

2. Neither Lisa nor her sister have made a decision yet. (Points : 1)
Change "nor" to "or."
Insert a comma after "Lisa."
Change "decision" to "decisions."
Change "have" to "has."

3. Patrick studied all night, that's why he got an A on the exam. (Points : 1)
Remove the comma after "night."
Change the comma to a semicolon.
Change "exam" to "Exam."
Change "an A" to "a A."

4. One of the best things about reading short stories are that you can complete them in one sitting. (Points : 1)
Change "stories are" to "stories is."
Change "stories are" to "storys is."
Change "complete them in one sitting" to "complete it in one sitting."
Change "complete them" to "finish them."

5. Lucia works for a lawyer who depends on her for everything. Answering phones, planning business trips, proofreading documents, and scheduling appointments. (Points : 1)
Lucia works for a lawyer who depends on her for everything; answering phones, planning business trips, proofreading documents, and scheduling appointments.
Lucia works for a lawyer who depends on her for everything: answering phones, planning business trips, proofreading documents, and scheduling appointments.
Lucia works for a lawyer who depends on her for everything. That is, answering phones, planning business trips, proofreading documents, and scheduling appointments.
Lucia works for a lawyer who depends on her for everything: however, answering phones, planning business trips, proofreading documents, and scheduling appointments.

6. It is important to take your time, otherwise you will make careless mistakes. (Points : 1)
Remove the comma after "time"
Replace the comma after "time" with a semi colon.
Replace the comma after "time" with a semicolon and add a comma after "otherwise."
Make no changes.

7. If I had known you were coming, I would of baked a cake. (Points : 1)
Change "If I had known" to "If I knew."
Remove the comma after were "coming."
Change "would of baked" to "would have baked."
End the sentence with a question mark.

8. Our professor suggests, that we bring the following to class: a calculator, a protractor, and a pencil. (Points : 1)
suggests, that we bring the following to class:
suggests that we bring the following to class:
suggests, that we bring the following, to class
suggests that we bring the following to class

9. Helen has now begun to recognize that she has not spent enough time with her closest friends over the past few months and has swore to herself that she will not let this happen again. (Points : 1)
Change "has now begun" to "has now began."
Change "has not spent" to "has not spended."
Change "has swore" to "has sworn."
Make no changes.

10. "Once we get inside" David said, "you can take your boots off." (Points : 1)
Change the comma after "said: to a period.
Insert a comma after "inside."
Remove the comma after "said."
Insert a semicolon after "inside."

11. As we discover in the final chapter, Maria realized that she has been misled by Leslie and decides to call off the wedding. (Points : 1)
Remove the comma after "chapter."
Change "Maria realized" to" Maria realizes."
Change "and decides" to and "decided."
Change "to call off" to "to calling off."

12. The package, along with all of its contents, were found last night. (Points : 1)
Remove the comma after "package."
Change "its contents" to "its' contents."
Remove the comma after "contents."
Change "were found" to "was found."

13. XXXXX XXXXX created all the cartoons for the school magazine. He has been interested in drawing since he was six years old. (Points : 1)
XXXXX XXXXX created all the cartoons for the school magazine; He has been interested in drawing since he was six years old.
XXXXX XXXXX, who has been interested in drawing since he was six years old, created all the cartoons for the school magazine.
XXXXX XXXXX has been interested in drawing since he was six years old, he created all the cartoons for the school magazine.
XXXXX XXXXX has been interested in drawing since he was six years old, but he created all the cartoons for the school magazine.

14. Because it rained all morning our soccer game has been postponed. (Points : 1)
Insert a colon after "morning."
Insert a period after "morning."
Insert a comma after "morning.'
Insert a comma after "Because."

15. Because she practiced her presentation so diligently, Jamie was not the least bit nervous when she stepped onto the stage. (Points : 1)
Because she had practiced her presentation so diligently, Jamie
Because she had practiced her presentation, so diligent, Jamie
Because she had practiced her presentation so diligently Jamie
Because she had practiced her presentation so diligent, Jamie

16. Two many cooks spoil the broth. (Points : 1)
Two many cook
To many cooks
Too many cooks
Two many cooks

17. Many students mistakenly believe that anything that appears in print must be a fact. Especially in textbooks. (Points : 1)
Many students mistakenly believe that anything that appears in print must be a fact. Especially in textbooks.
Many students mistaken believe that anything that appears in print must be a fact. Especially in textbooks.
Many students mistakenly believe that anything that appears in print, especially in textbooks, must be a fact.
Many students mistakenly believes that anything that appears in print, especially in textbooks, must be a fact.

18. It is too soon to tell what affect the new principal is going to have on our school. (Points : 1)
Change too soon to to soon.
Change what affect to what effect.
Change new principal to new principle.
Change our school to are school.

19. The main character in John Updike's latest book that was published this past summer is a teenager who lives in New Jersey. (Points : 1)
book, that was published this past summer, is a teenager who lives
book, which was published this past summer, is a teenager who, lives
book, which was published this past summer, is a teenager who lives
book, that was published this past summer, is a teenager who, lives

20. There are, on the other hand many reasons to push this project forward. (Points : 1)
There are, on the other hand many reasons,
There is, on the other hand many reasons
There are, on the other hand,
There are on the other hand many reasons

21. The team member that shows the most improvement will win a special trophy. (Points : 1)
Insert commas after "that" and "shows."
Change "that" to "who."
Change "trophy" to "Trophy."
Insert a colon after "goals."

22. Vince didn't get to sleep that night until well after 2 a.m. that's why he was so exhausted the next day. (Points : 1)
Insert a comma after 2 a.m.
Change that's why to thats' why.
Insert a semicolon after 2 a.m.
Change he was so exhausted to he is so exhausted.

23. While dialing your number, my car went out of control and almost hit a tree. (Points : 1)
Remove the comma after "number."
Insert a comma after "While."
Change "While dialing your number" to "While I was dialing your number."
Insert a comma after "control."

24. Our school needs a heating system. One that is more fuel-efficient than the current system. (Points : 1)
Make no changes.
system. The kind that is more fuel-efficient than the current system.
system that is more fuel-efficient than the current system.
system. So that it is more fuel-efficient.

25. Known for his razor sharp wit, Mark Twain's books have entertained countless readers for more than a century. (Points : 1)
Remove the comma after sharp wit.
Change the comma after sharp wit to a period.
Change Mark Twain's books to Mark Twain has written books that.
Change Mark Twain's books to the books of Mark Twain.

26. The last time I saw our new principal, Gwen Adams she was on her way to the library. (Points : 1)
Change "I saw" to "I seen."
Change "principal" to "principle."
Remove the comma after "principal."
Insert a comma after "Adams."

27. In my statement, I did not mean to infer that I agreed with you. (Points : 1)
Change to "infer" to "to imply."
Change "to infer" to "to implicate."
Change "to infer" to "to intimidate."
Make no changes.

28. Shirley has went to the library and won't be home until later this afternoon. (Points : 1)
Shirley has gone to the library, she won't be home until later this afternoon.
Shirley has gone to the library, and won't be home until later this afternoon.
Shirley has went to the library and will not be home until later this afternoon.
Shirley has gone to the library and won't be home until later this afternoon.

29. The most important responsibilities in my job are taking orders over the phone, handling customer complaints, and to make sure that orders are shipped on time. (Points : 1)
Change "taking orders" to "to take orders."
Change "handling customer complaints" to "handling customer complaint's."
Change "to make sure" to "making sure."
End the sentence with a question mark.

30. February is my least favorite Month. (Points : 1)
Change "least favorite" to "less favorite."
Change "February" to "february."
Change "is" to "be."
Change "Month" to "month."

31. You need to remember to take two things with you to the concert tonight, a flashlight and a raincoat. (Points : 1)
Replace the comma after "tonight" with a colon.
Replace the comma "tonight" with a semicolon.
Insert a comma after "flashlight."
Replace the comma "tonight" with a period.

32. Louis likes to walk slowly on his way home because he get a chance to talk to people he has known for years. (Points : 1)
Change "Louis likes" to "Louis like."
Change "walk slowly" to "walk slow."
Change "he get" to "he gets."
Change "has known" to "have known."

33. I was typing a memo when my boss requested a meeting. (Points : 1)
I typed a memo when my boss requests a meeting.
I was finishing to type a memo when my boss requested a meeting.
I am typing a memo when my boss requested a meeting.
Make no changes.

34. Melissa, who was one of the girls who played on the soccer team, which won the championship last year, has decided to play volleyball instead. (Points : 1)
Melissa, who was one of the girls who played on the soccer team, which won the state championships, has decided to play volleyball instead.
Melissa, who played on last year's championship-winning soccer team, has decided to play volleyball instead.
Melissa played on the soccer team. The team won the state championships but she has decided to play volleyball instead.
Melissa, who played on the soccer team, has decided to play volleyball instead. The team won the state championship.

35. The package arrived yesterday. The package is from our Japan office. It contains the documents we need. (Points : 1)
The package arrived yesterday, the package is from our Japan office. It contains the documents we need.
The package arrived yesterday. From our Japan office it contains the documents we need.
The package from our Japan office arrived yesterday. Containing the documents we need.
The package containing the documents we need arrived yesterday from the Japan office.

36. Her and Peter will attend the meeting this afternoon. (Points : 1)
Change "Her" to "Herself."
Change "Her and Peter" to "Peter and her."
Change "Her" to "She."
Make no changes.

37. Most people these days have the recognition that it is important to express ideas as concisely as possible. (Points : 1)
have the recognition that it is important
recognize the importance
have the recognition of how important it is
recognize the importance of being able

38. Michael is knowledgeable about the changeable nature of the universe. (Points : 1)
make no changes
knowledgible about the changible
knowledgible about the changable
knowledgible about the changeable

39. Myra decided at the last minute to skip the party and to go to the movies instead. (Points : 1)
Make no changes.
"Myra did decided at the last minute to skip the party" and "to go the movies instead."
"Myra decided at the last minute to skip the party" and "going to the movies instead."
"Myra decides at the last minute to skip the party" and "went to the movies instead."

40. Because the weather was so cold we wore gloves every day. (Points : 1)
Because, the weather was so cold we
Because the weather was so cold, we
Because the weather was so cold: we
Because the weather was so cold; we
Category: Homework
Expert:  judybailey52 replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience: 20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring