Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

For your Individual Project assignment, you will compare and

Customer Question

For your Individual Project assignment, you will compare and contrast a work of art in a specific classification (Renaissance or Gothic) appearing on a WEBSITE with a work of art in your TEXTBOOK of the same classification. You can choose either two Renaissance paintings, two Renaissance sculptures, or two Gothic Cathedrals to discuss (two works in total). You may not discuss works that you have already discussed in another assignment.
1. To begin your project, explore the following websites classifications for your individual essay.

A. Visit the following Web sites to review Renaissance art. Links to these Web sites are available through the unit Resources List, in Course Materials.
The Vatican Museums
ArtLex – Earlier Renaissance Art
ArtLex – Later Renaissance Art
OR

B. Visit these Web sites for Gothic Cathedrals. Links to these Web sites are available through the unit Resources List, in Course Materials.
Chartres Cathedral
A Digital Archive of Architecture – High Gothic
Earthlore Gothic Dreams – Cathedral Architecture
2. Write the Individual Project (3–4 pages not including references):

Using the terminology and concepts you are learning for evaluating art, including materials used, style, meaning, and symbolism, and any other aesthetic issues, compare and contrast ONE of the selected works from the selected websites classification with a DIFFERENT work of art of the same classification from your TEXTBOOK . For example, compare two paintings from the Renaissance period or two gothic cathedrals. Use the following instructions to construct your paper:
For each of the works of art, describe and compare attributes of the works by following the guidelines below to structure your essay.
1. What is the FORM of the work?

Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
What materials are used?
What techniques or processes are used to create the artwork?
What colors are used?
Describe the use of line, shape, texture, value, color, and balance.
2. Does the work of art have SUBJECT MATTER?

If so, what is literally depicted?
Is the work of art REPRESENTATIONAL, ABSTRACT, or NONOBJECTIVE?
3. What is the CONTENT?

What does it mean or represent?
What is the artist's message?
Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
What is the context of the artwork?
What is the function of the artwork?
What traditional role of the artist is exemplified?
4. Explain how the works of art fit into the context of the time period. Keep in mind that only art works that fit into the period of Middle Ages - Renaissance (created between 1350–1520 CE) will be accepted.

Note: You are required to comply with APA style format for internal citation and a reference list. For additional information and resources on APA, visit the APA section of the Library, available under "Library Features."
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I still need help desperately
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No one is answering and doing the assignment
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.