Experienced Teacher
Experienced Teacher, Teacher
Experience:  10 Years secondary Social studies, AP US History, Graded for College Board AP essays,

Locked - PR - 201

Customer Question

1. As a member of the town council, you have the honor of cutting the ribbon, symbolically opening a new city recreation facility. You then address the gathered citizens on the nature and importance of public service. As a legislative representative, you’re primarily involved in A. a symbolic function. B. a constituency service. C. a functional service. D. the recruitment of political elites. 2. As president, you’ve just received a report produced by social scientists demonstrating that the number of hungry people in America has increased by 20 million in the two years following revision of the food stamp act. Such information should be considered with respect to policy A. implementation. C. formulation. B. legitimation. D. evaluation. 3. The notion of the state standing in the stead of an aggrieved party is a ____ intended to frame violations of law as wrongs against the people as a whole. A. fiction C. convention B. simplification D. deliberation 4. In the British Parliament, it can be most accurately stated that private member bills A. typically originate with committee chairs. B. are usually proposed by leaders of the opposition. C. are most often about issues in the MP’s home district. D. generally represent concerns of the majority party. 5. I have a dispute with my business partner.We agree to accept the resolution proposed by Sol the bartender after he hears both sides of the dispute.We’re placing Sol in the role of A. mediator. C. go-between. B. arbitrator. D. judge. 6. The nominal head of which of the following bodies is most clearly expected to maintain a nonpartisan position? A. British House of Commons C. U.S. House of Representatives B. U.S. Senate D. British House of Lords 7. Traffic court would be classified as a(n) A. minor trial court. C. specialized court. B. intermediate court. D. court of first instance. 8. The constitutional provisions setting forth the qualifications for becoming a member of Congress represent _______ restraints on legislative competence. A. provisional C. informal B. institutional D. constructive 9. You lead a military junta (group of military leaders) and take over the government of Stalonia in a coup d’etat. To guard your power you decree that only members of your newly created Party of the Glorious Future can serve in the legislature. By this act you have A. made the legislature homogeneous. C. co-opted the legislature. B. abolished legislative action. D. abolished the legislature. 10. The coalition leaders of the Green Party and the Social Democratic Party attempt to negotiate a new agreement. They fail. The most likely outcome at this point will be a A. call for a vote of confidence. C. cabinet crisis. B. constructive vote of confidence. D. call for new elections. 11. Distinguishing between the executive and the bureaucracy as aspects of government, we can say that one of the following sets is exclusive to the executive in the U.S. government. Which one? A. Secretary of State, White House Press Secretary B. President, Speaker of the House C. Secretary of Defense, Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff D. Director of the National Institutes of Health, President 12. In the British system, opponents to a bill express their views primarily A. to the appropriate committee. B. during initial debate in the House of Commons. C. during consideration in the House of Lords. D. during the final vote on the measure in the House of Commons. 13. Judicial power is amplified only as _______ decide that the judge’s role should properly embrace participation in policymaking. A. judges C. politically active citizens B. legislators D. higher courts 14. In the British Parliament, a vote of confidence A. typically originates in the majority party. B. is ordered by the prime minister. C. puts the legislative agenda on hold. D. moves control to the opposition party. 15. A(n) _______ legislature, like the U.S. Congress, is more likely to effect policy through debate. A. oratorical C. transformative B. arena D. deliberative 16. In the U.S. system, bills introduced by committee chairs generally have a(n) _______ of being adopted as do bills originating with the president. A. similar likelihood C. almost identical likelihood B. smaller likelihood D. greater likelihood 17. Which of the following terms best explains the power of bureaucrats in the domain of policy implementation? A. Persistence C. Obstinacy B. Expertise D. Rationality 18. I travel back and forth between Slavonia and Elantra, bringing the leader of each country up to date on what the other leader wants and offering suggestions. In the model of triadic conflict resolution, my “shuttle diplomacy” amounts to acting as a(n) A. go-between. C. arbitrator. B. mediator. D. friendly messenger. 19. Comparing presidential and parliamentary systems, we find that A. parliamentary systems are in the majority. B. parliamentary systems are typical in Europe. C. presidential systems are far more common. D. presidential systems are most concerned that government should be effective. 20. In effect, the practice of plea bargaining represents the courts acting as A. mediators. C. administrative tribunals. B. arbitrators. D. bureaucratic processors.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am still waiting for an Expert. There is one called Chris M of I'm not mistaken
Who does this kind of job. Let me know
Marcos
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Experienced Teacher replied 2 years ago.

1. A

2. D

3. C convention

4. C

5. B arbitor

6. D

7. D

8.B institutional

9.A

10. A

11. A

12. A

13. A

14.C

15. D

16. D

17. B expertise

18. A

19. B

20. C

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have to re-take the exam

All these are wrong,

6.7.9.10.15.18.19.20

Could you please let me know if you know the answers.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you working on the wrong answers?

let me know

thanks

Marcos

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experienced Teacher, Teacher
Experience: 10 Years secondary Social studies, AP US History, Graded for College Board AP essays,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could you please lock this questions together with the answers

thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still waiting to get this project lock.

Could you do that for me please

Thanks