Is SAT a separate exam. from the normal regular exams of individual grade levels like exams of 9th Grade , 10th Grade , 11th Grade and the 12th Grade to pass or promote to next grade ?
& Is the SAT not required by the High School in which a student studies his 9th,10th ,11th and 12th Grades but is required by the College or University where that student is willing to get admision ,.............................. am i right ?
I am going to accept your answer , please clarify the following doubts :
(1) OK , so as i understand is that SAT is in no way a exam to score or pass to complete the High School requirement to successfully complete the 12th Grade in USA and come out of School because there are other regular high school home tests or exams in the school to pass the high school 9th , 10th , 11th and 12th grades , ..................... am i correct ?
(2) Can a student keep on giving SAT to improve the score even after passing the 12th Grade from his High School ?
(3) Do regular high schools also prepare the students to score high in SAT & ACT or these schools just do their regular studies and tests ?
(4) Does the GPA start to build up from 9th Grade performance and counts in till 12th Grade performance i.e., 4 years to make GPA ?
My new question is as below :
(1) As you told that the GPA starts to build up from 9th Grade till 12th Grade , may i know who calculates the GPA i.e., how does it get calculated in the range of 0 to 4 ?
(2) Are all these academic performance results of a student available online or in a national co-ordinated data center which can be accessed by colleges or employers to verify or every student has to report it individually with copy of marksheet or high school reports to the colleges or employers at the time of job application ?
(3) You told that a person can take SAT only till he is in high school i.e., till the time he has not completed his 12th Grade or exited from 12th Grade with Pass .............. , then what about those who have done their 12th Grade like 2 years back and are now thinking to join some college for higher studies but have not appeared for SAT before like in high school time ?
(4) Who conducts SAT ? Is there any role of student's regular high school in the SAT or ACT Exam. in any way ?
Thanks , i am going to accept your answer . Please clarify below in this regard :
(1) Thus SAT or ACT can be taken by a student when he is studying in High School or even later when he has already graduated from 12th Grade or finished his High School , ........................ am i right ?
(2) You used the word " JUNIOR COLLEGE " , What does it mean ? I only know High School which is till 12th Grade and after it College which runs undergraduate courses or award Bachelor Degrees like B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) ,etc.
(3) Do i need to keep all the original academic records from 9th Grade onwards like annual report cards, Marksheets , etc. if which will be used to provide as true proof at the time of college admission or employment application later ?
(4) I am not at all clear about how to calculate GPA . Please explain me through an example like TOM is a student who has passed 9th , 10th , 11th & 12th Greades and now ready to apply for college . Please you imagine or suppose his marks to explain and make me understand how to calculate his GPA ?
& what is this concept of CREDIT HOURS and how to determine ?
Credit is a very common term and can be used in many respects . I dont get it what does credit exactly mean here or what is the measurement unit for credit here for this GPA dicussion . I will appreciate if you can explain it in an example as it will make me easy to understand .
Waiting for your reply ............................